Thread: Louis Vuitton dryness and split in piping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

>>> My next question that I'm not finding in the instructions is how and when to apply Vachetta Top 84S?

VachettaTop-84S is applied on the dry surface after dry erasing with LeatherEraser-4. Thus the applied Protector-D has to be completely removed from the start again.

Protector-D is a non-stick protection, thus VachettaTop-84S will fail on its surface.

Do you need online coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> My next question that I'm not finding in the instructions is how and when to apply Vachetta Top 84S?

VachettaTop-84S is applied on the dry surface after dry erasing with LeatherEraser-4. Thus the applied Protector-D has to be completely removed from the start again.

Protector-D is a non-stick protection, thus VachettaTop-84S will fail on its surface.

Do you need online coaching?
    Should Protector-D be put on just the once or should multiple layers be applied? You never said before that Vachetta Top couldn't be put over Protector-D or I wouldn't have put it over the repair. So I'm figuring you must have had me purchase Vachetta Top 84S for the repair, but I don't know why if you didn't have me purchase items to do the repair and now I'll have to redo the already delicate repair area to get the Protector-D off.

It would have been great if you gave instructions with the exact products that were being sent concerning the particular issues that had been previously discussed so you didn't have to spend so much time later trying to explain them.

This Vachetta Leather Problem Solving Matrix is copy and pastes from:
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/vachetta-bag-care-kit/

Name:  vachetta-v-.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  146.6 KB

It shows the sequence of steps. . . if you wish to help me improve on it, you are welcome.

Note that once Vachetta is repair or any extra that is added to it, is no more pure Vachetta.

>>> Should Protector-D be put on just the once or should multiple layers be applied?

There are no rules or how heavy you wish to apply, it is according to your liking.

>>> You never said before that Vachetta Top couldn't be put over Protector-D or I wouldn't have put it over the repair.

If we understand the purpose of the VachettaTop-84S and Protector-D, we would know the reason.

Protector-D is for naked Vachetta leather. Once it has a VachettaTop-84S sealer, then it is recommended to use Protector-B/B+ instead. Note that once a finish is applied to the naked Vachetta, it is finished vegetable-tanned leather.

>>> So I'm figuring you must have had me purchase Vachetta Top 84S for the repair,

VachettaTop-84S is a finishing repair.

>>> but I don't know why if you didn't have me purchase items to do the repair and now I'll have to redo the already delicate repair area to get the Protector-D off.

I have recommended that you take online coaching to get it right the first time.

>>> It would have been great if you gave instructions with the exact products that were being sent concerning the particular issues that had been previously discussed so you didn't have to spend so much time later trying to explain them.

Online coaching will help clear up the confusion before we start, otherwise, I will write up a booklet in the future.

>>> >>> It would have been great if you gave instructions with the exact products that were being sent concerning the particular issues that had been previously discussed so you didn't have to spend so much time later trying to explain them.

Here is the copy and paste for VachettaTop-84S from. . .
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/vachettatop-84s-satin/

VachettaTop-84S (satin luster) topcoat by Leather doctor is a soft nitrocellulose lacquer emulsion topcoat for sealing clean surface naked Vachetta and refinishing opaque micro-pigment Vachetta-84. Note that once a finish is applied to naked Vachetta leather, it becomes a vegetable-tanned finish leather in finishing type of classification. This clear finish application imparts a breathable discontinuous film with a warm characteristic. Option for a gloss luster use VachettaTop-84G. Matte luster us achieved with a mixed by percentage with Duller-63. Matching rub-resistant, non-stick buttery-feel protection is to use Protector-B or B+, instead of D.

Instruction:

To ensure proper adhesion, soiling contamination has to be degreased, rinsed, pH balanced, hydrated, fat liquored and rinse free of surface residue and surface erased when slow dried prior application.

Standard Procedure Instruction is as follows:

Step-1. Dry Soil Remover:

LeatherEraser-4, LeatherBrush1- and cotton terry towel are tools to erase, brush and wipe the surface free of soiling.

Step-2. Degreasing:

LeatherDegreaser-2.2 is applied and spread with LeatherBrush-1 and scrub with LeatherEraser-4. Suspended soiling is extracted with a white cotton terry towel until the towel shows clean.

Step-3. Rinsing & pH Balancing:

LeatherAcidifier-2.0 is applied and rinsed off suspended soiling with a combination of LeatherBrush-1 and LeatherEraser-4, and towel extract until the towel shows clean. Repeat the above step-1 to step-2 until appearance looks satisfactory. While the leather is still damp continue with Hydrating.

Step-4. Hydrating:

Hydrator-3.3 is applied and brushed with LeatherBrush-1 and saturated deep into the leather structure to relax the leather of stiffness. Option is up to 72 hours for deep soil movement. Surface is wiped with a white cotton terry towel until the towel shows clean of wick up soiling residues.

Step-5. Fatliquoring:

Fatliquor-5.0 is applied and absorbed with an even appearance. Once absorbed more is applied. Allow water content to evaporate and reapply to satisfaction. Allow for slow natural drying for extra softness.

Step-6. Dry Preparation:

LeatherEraser-4 is used to erase surface wicked up residue with a clean appearance, otherwise repeat the above five steps.

Step-7. Color Coating:

Vachetta-84 is an option to hide or block surface repairs. Tools used may range from foam brush to facial brushes for the best result. Always test in a hidden corner for color satisfaction. Use the same fingernails painting techniques to achieve the best result. A few light coatings is better than one heavy coating and dry between coats with a warm hair dryer facilitates faster drying.

Step-8. Topcoating:

VachettaTop-84S is applied directly onto the naked Vachetta to improve appearance. A few light coatings is better than one heavy coating and dry between coats with a warm hair dryer facilitates faster drying.

Step-9. Protection:

Protector-B or B+ (leather scented) is recommended to match VachettaTop-84S with a buttery-feel, rather than using Protector-D with a draggy-feel. Protector-B/B+ impart a non-stick, rub-resistant protection to reduce wear and abrasion.

Thread Information