Thread: Louis Vuitton dryness and split in piping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

>>>I have done steps 1-5 to just the one handle.

I wish you could tell us exactly step 1-5 entails?

>>> I wanted to show you how it looks so far before proceeding. Also, wanted to note that I did not have any soiling show with the terry towel extraction throughout any of the steps which is making me wonder if I didn't need all that or if I did something wrong even though I followed all the instructions.

One possible reason is that the products used were too little and it dries up too soon before you can extract it out with a dry terry towel. One solution is to have a on-time video conferencing exactly how you have done it right. This service is available at US$99/- an hour, let me know if you need it.

>>> The pictures I'm showing of the handle are after steps 1-5 are done and finished with the final inspection after eraser-4. Do you think it looks like it's ready for Redox because at this point it looks worse than the handle I haven't done?

Yes, you may proceed with redox using Vachetta-2.8 to balance up the browning differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post

>>> I wanted to show you how it looks so far before proceeding. Also, wanted to note that I did not have any soiling show with the terry towel extraction throughout any of the steps which is making me wonder if I didn't need all that or if I did something wrong even though I followed all the instructions.

One possible reason is that the products used were too little and it dries up too soon before you can extract it out with a dry terry towel. One solution is to have a on-time video conferencing exactly how you have done it right. This service is available at US$99/- an hour, let me know if you need it.

>>> The pictures I'm showing of the handle are after steps 1-5 are done and finished with the final inspection after eraser-4. Do you think it looks like it's ready for Redox because at this point it looks worse than the handle I haven't done?

Yes, you may proceed with redox using Vachetta-2.8 to balance up the browning differences.
    The steps 1-5 I'm referring to are the first of the 8 Step Process instructions given in the Kit-V4 1-Cleansing(vachetta Pro-1.2) 2-Degreasing(degreasing-2.2) 3-Rinsing(acidifier-2.0) 4-Hydrating(hydrator-3.3) 5-Fatliquiring(fatliquor-5.0

Do you think if i did steps 1-5 again that it would get lighter or will the Vachetta-2.8 still lighten it?

I have done the redox twice and this is what it looks like. It looks even worse with the apperance of more stains. I haven't done the other handle yet and you can see how much better it looked before I started in attached pic of handle that is lighter and more even colored, but you told me I needed even the additional degreaser on them. Is this fixable?

Name:  IMG_2405.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  66.1 KBName:  IMG_2406.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  84.9 KBName:  IMG_2407.jpg
Views: 1408
Size:  67.1 KBName:  IMG_2408.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  78.9 KBName:  IMG_2409.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  91.2 KB

>>> I have done the redox twice and this is what it looks like. It looks even worse with the apperance of more stains.

Note:
    The dark stain is not the work of redox, rather its the function of Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system. When the dark stain is removed to satisfaction, Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 ensures the suppleness of the leather, then the next step is the browning discoloration correction by Vachetta-2.8

Tools for soiling remover is with LeatherBrush-1, LeatherEraser-4, and Towel-5 in the rinsing process. Dry soiling removal is performed before and after the wet rinsing process with LeatherEraser-4 (make sure it is dry).

On-time coaching is available at US$99 an hour to walk you through the process. Let me know if you wish to book a session by email [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-19-2020 at 09:59 AM.

>>> I have done the redox twice and this is what it looks like. It looks even worse with the apperance of more stains.

Note:
    The dark stain is not the work of redox, rather its the function of Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system. When the dark stain is removed to satisfaction, Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 ensures the suppleness of the leather, then the next step is the browning discoloration correction by Vachetta-2.8

Tools for soiling remover is with LeatherBrush-1, LeatherEraser-4, and Towel-5 in the rinsing process. Dry soiling removal is performed before and after the wet rinsing process with LeatherEraser-4 (make sure it is dry).

On-time coaching is available at US$99 an hour to walk you through the process. Let me know if you wish to book a session by email [email protected]
    So does the handle need me to start from the beginning again with the cleaning, degreasing, rinsing process followed by the hydrating, fatliquor, hydrating? I'm sending pics of the instructions that I've been using...are these the correct ones for me to be following for my bags needs? I'm also sending pics of the rest of my bag that I've completed all the way up to redox which I haven't done yet. Does it look like it should to you or could it be lightened more in which case where should I start from here on the rest of the bag?

Name:  IMG_2497.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  97.7 KBName:  IMG_2498.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  100.0 KBName:  IMG_2499.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  97.8 KBName:  IMG_2505.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  128.8 KBName:  IMG_2504.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  132.3 KBName:  IMG_2508.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  87.8 KBName:  IMG_2507.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  137.3 KBName:  IMG_2506.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  117.3 KB

Note:

I'm not sure why my last message didn't post. These are the instructions that I have been following. Is that not correct?
    Name:  IMG_2498.jpg
Views: 1136
Views: 1148
Size:  97.8 KBName:  IMG_2497.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  97.7 KB

This is the result of the rest of the body that I have gone through step-1 through step-7 of the above instructions. Should I start all over from the beginning of these steps or somewhere else. Looking at the instructions you are able to see what I did because I followed them exactly. I have not done step-8(Protector D) on anything.
    Name:  IMG_2505.jpg
Views: 1094
Views: 1050
Views: 1086
Views: 1016
Views: 1116

Hi Roger,

I haven't heard back from you in almost a week and I'm waiting for you to tell me if I should start at the beginning cleansing stage or how I should be proceeding with body and the handle. I sent you pics of the body after going through the steps. Please get back to me and let me know how I should proceed. Thank you!

>>> I'm waiting for you to tell me if I should start at the beginning cleansing stage or how I should be proceeding with body and the handle.

Tell me exactly what you use during the process . . . there are no fixed rules . . . perhaps you have not used the LeatherEraser-4 before and after to removed surface soiling - The dark stain is not the work of redox, rather its the function of Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

Put a number to the pictures for easy reference, please be specific.

What do you not understand about the soil removing process?
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-25-2020 at 05:58 PM.

>>> I'm waiting for you to tell me if I should start at the beginning cleansing stage or how I should be proceeding with body and the handle.

Tell me exactly what you use during the process . . . there are no fixed rules . . . perhaps you have not used the LeatherEraser-4 before and after to removed surface soiling - The dark stain is not the work of redox, rather its the function of Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

Put a number to the pictures for easy reference, please be specific.

What do you not understand about the soil removing process?
    Did you not get the two posts I summited days ago that that included multiple pics and explained the process I did?

What I don't understand is that I followed the directions exactly step by step as well as using the eraser before and after and it hasn't lightened.

This is the steps I followed...are these not the correct instructions?
    Name:  IMG_2497.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  97.7 KBName:  IMG_2498.jpg
Views: 1037
Views: 1051
Size:  97.8 KB

This is the body after doing all the steps minus the protector D step:
    Name:  IMG_2505.jpg
Views: 1103
Views: 968
Views: 1079
Views: 977
Views: 974

Let me know if you wish that we both work on the bag at the same time with video conferencing.

Let me know if you wish that we both work on the bag at the same time with video conferencing.
    So I thought if I messaged you through the forum instead of email that you could help advise for free. I don't have the extra $100 for a consulting fee even though I'd love too.

I had even questioned the need for the degreaser early on before buying the products and you told me I needed it and now that's the thing that has darkened my bag. The instructions keep instructing to repeat processes until the cloth shows clean, but I've never shown any residue/dirt/stain on the cloth from any of the different steps. I don't believe there is any dirt, sweat or lotion type of things on the leather. I was just over cleaned with the sandpaper and had gotten suntained. I just don't know what to do?

Thread Information