Thread: 94 Mercedes leather cracks and colour repair

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question 94 Mercedes leather cracks and colour repair

Good evening.

I refer you to this these threads that I read and reviewed, similar to my situation - age cracks and lines, no peeling.
    https://www.leathercleaningrestorati...rcedes+leather

https://www.leathercleaningrestorati...ghlight=filler

I am in the process of starting leather repair to the front driver side seat - side bolster and seat bottom side (photos attached for driver seat repairs to date).
    Typical age cracks and lines. I am looking to see how I can further prep and prepare the existing leather to complete the proper refinishing:
    The front passenger seat has cracks and lines and I would like to prep and maintain that side from further deterioration over time.

For the driver’s side, I have applied in light coats a filler and sanded down for the major bolster wear and also on the seat and color matched the color with an upholstery SEM canned paint I ordered thru Concept Finishes in Richmond BC, and airbrushed to match. The repairs (filler) was textured prior to the airbrushing and the result finish was a very good match.
    Unfortunately, the repair patch work with matching leather texture, began to crack so I sanded it down to what you see now to start again.

I’ve used a filler for the crack filling in what I thought was applied in thin coats. Perhaps I should have done the work in much thinner applications?

Anyways, I would like to seek you advice on prep, cleaning and maintenance and then repair these age cracks and lines and get the leather to a more improved supple state and prevent the return of the new paint application cracking.

Thank you.

Name:  IMG_3632.jpeg
Views: 151
Size:  99.6 KBName:  IMG_3633.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  80.5 KBName:  Photo 2022-07-23, 2 03 33 PM.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  61.4 KB
    Last edited by mjames228; 11-24-2023 at 09:05 PM.

Thread Information