Thread: Bicast / Bycast Leather, it is started getting rough and sticking to clothing.

Default Bicast / Bycast Leather, it is started getting rough and sticking to clothing.

Hi...thank you for the quick response. It is dark brown faux leather. I think bicast / bycast leather. I was told it was leather when I bought it 5 years ago and it was expensive, so I never thought twice about it until recently. The store has since gone out of business, so I can't find out exactly what it is and no tag...but pretty certain it is bycast after looking online.

My apartment gets hot during the summer when I am at work with lots of direct light and I think the coating couldn't take it. Just recently it started getting really sticky. One section is really rough and sticks to clothes now. I used some leather conditioner and some random cleaners and it just made it worse. I know now that was dumb.

Hopefully it is fixable! Looking forward to hearing what the solution is.

Chris

The situation is fixable in this sequence of process:

1] To reduce stickiness use Acidifier-2.0

2] To remove surface contamination and lint.
    Sequence – Degreaser-2.2 > Rinse-3.0 + Eraser-4 for lint removal + Sanding for smoothness.

3] Ready to apply Topcoat-66G

4] Last Coating with add-on Crosslinker to the Topcoat-66G

Note:
    Color is an option prior to topcoat it.

Products mentioned is found in this Kit B4.xt

Leather Doctor® Kit B4.xt = Bicast Leather Care + Degreaser + Acidifier + Top + X’linker

Roger Koh
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 10-05-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Thread Information