Thread: Can Tire Marks be Removed from this Coral Red Premium Leather of a 2008 BMW 328i, coupe?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Can Tire Marks be Removed from this Coral Red Premium Leather of a 2008 BMW 328i, coupe?

Can you please let me know if your products will remove tire marks on leather seats of my car?
    It is not dirt.
    It is from tire rubber.
    Will leather Ink & Dye Stain removal Starter Kit do the job?

Here are some pictures.
    Tires were in the car for 3 days in dark garage but then I transported them for installation and the car was sitting on the direct sunlight with the tires inside for about 7 hours.
    I already tried to clean it as you can see on some part.
    Basically there are 3 separate marks on 3 different places.
    The leather is Coral Red premium leather for 2008 BMW 328i, coupe.
    So the leather is 4 years old.
    The tires were my first passengers sitting in the back seats since I bought the car.

Please let me know what your suggestion is and what the % possibility of removing these marks successfully is.
    The question I have is when I start the process can I resume it later.
    I am busy during the week so only possible time is from Friday evening to Sunday evening.
    Or I can start any working day right after work but I won’t be able to check the progress until next day evening.

About the products I have used, BMW leather cleaner, soapy water, alcohol (nail polish removal), WD-40 and HONDA cleaner.
    I only tried it on center arm rest so
    Just in case of damaging the leather surface I can buy the OEM replacement part.

Ok, let’s do it then.
    I was concerned because I read the link with the plastic bag issue and every 4 hours you asked the guy to check the progress.
    If I don’t overdo it to let the application work while I am at work then I am ready.
    Anyway first I’ll apply it on the center arm console so if any damage occurs I can buy the replacement part.
    That’s the mark (my starting point) which I am resending now, (if you rotate the picture 90 degrees you’ll see the damage on the right).

Please let me know.

Dusan.

#A

#B

Last edited by Questions!; 08-13-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Thread Information