Thread: Aniline Wax Pull-up - Restoration Hardware - leather sofa - worn, dull & faded stain spots posible dog pee or other liquid.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Aniline Wax Pull-up - Restoration Hardware - leather sofa - worn, dull & faded stain spots posible dog pee or other liquid.

I got your name from a friend. I have a sofa from Restoration Hardware that is looking very worn and dull and faded in spots. For years I have tried to find a product/service that could bring new life to it but have not been able. I recently purchased a product from the UK that was supposed to do the trick (wax pull up product). I used it on a corner. It did nothing and left an awful toxic smell. I'm hoping you may have some ideas on what would work. It is dark brown lightly waxed leather.

One of the arms and the top back of sofa has sun damage - faded and dry. The sofa has faded from the dark rich brown when we bought it to a more reddish brown. There are a couple of stain marks also. Is it possible to get the rich dark brown color back? I don't mind that it looks old and worn so much. The Restoration Hardware file shows the actual leather and how it looks now.

The stains are either a small dog pee or other liquid. The spot is lighter. Is this something we can do ourselves? I am in the Seattle area.

Last edited by Questions!; 07-21-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Thread Information