Thread: Chrysler 300M Stiff leather

Default Chrysler 300M Stiff leather

So recently I got a new interior for my car, from a very rare option package. Two small sections of the leather were very dry and stiff and had a vastly different texture the the rest of the interior. I opened up the cushion and applied some leatherique to the suede side of the leather(I also applied it to the top, then wrapped it with plastic and set it in the sun for 10 hrs), this made the leather less stiff but it did not relax/smooth the crumpled texture on the leather. The dried crumpled sections make the small strip of vinyl on the outer edge look very rippled/puckered. I have posted a picture of the damage/texture.

If I can not get this section to relax and smooth out, I will have to look into replacing the two sections of leather so that they match the rest of the leather in the car.

What you are doing to treat from the reverse suede side is the recommended procedure as the suede side is definitely more porous.

However, it seems that the dries leathers would require a preconditioning treatment first prior to the ability to soften it.

This is usually done with Hydrator-3.3 until the leather structure is complete relax (under plastic wrapping for evaporation control) and stretch back to the desire appearance (this technique never fails especially form the reverse suede side.

It is guarantee that if any leather can be hydrated with Hydrator-5.0 – it can be soften up to as soft as you wish with Fatliquor-5.0

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Recommended kit. . .

Leather Doctor® Auto Pigmented Leather - Care - Standard - Kit Ap3.s

I stopped by a auto upholstery shop, and the guy recommended that I use low pressure steam on the suede side of the leather. Then stretch the leather over the foam and letting it dry (with a damp towel on top), then re-apply conditioner to the back side.

How does one order the leather doctor kits?

Steam will further shrink the leather, it causes the fatliquor to diminish further.

The leather can be soften by this method called "breaking in" that literally soften and weakens the leather.

The leather science logic is done in this manner.

1] Hydrated to relax the stiffness to as soft as you wish.

2] Thereafter maintain or hold it with fatliquor (fat, oil and water) that is originally used in the tannery.

To order, will need your email address and shipping address to prepare you a PayPal invoice.

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Do you think this is water damage or sun damage?

It would require water to soak through the thickness of the leather structure that leaches out the fatliquor (fat, oil and water) and when dry stiffs out – if this is true you would able to see clearly especially from the suede side the evidence of water damaged rings or marks.

Heat is most likely the cause of the damage if the reverse suede side shows clean.

Thread Information