Thread: Severely damaged pair of shoes...please help me...

Default Severely damaged pair of shoes...please help me...

i tried to condition the shoes with mink oil, to make it waterproof, but apparently, there is a big problem.

then i used talcum powder to no avail.
    then i use a leather conditioner, followed by leather cleaner.
    and then i tried dish soap and water, and then i gave up and used mink oil to make it more even..

sigh...

help me please...

Shoes that are absorbent are more comfort to wear than whatever coated shoes that is waterproof.

Absorbency equals breathability equals the ability to transpire; so that the feet are kept dry without sweatiness.

Now before restoring back to the original finish we have to know the leather finish types; prior to degreasing.

Need to have a close examination especially the tongue of the shoe to see its originality.

It is either nubuck that is napped aniline leather versus the smooth aniline leather.

There is no worry of finish on nubuck as it is napped and will have a characteristic finger writing effect.

Where else for smooth aniline leather there is always a matching topcoat finish that need to be restored – in either natural, matte or gloss luster to match.

So see some details pictures before we move forward how best to degrease the mink oil and restoring the original finish.

It is either using . . .

Leather Doctor® Nubuck Leather - Degreaser - Kit N3.dr

Or

Leather Doctor® Aniline Leather – Topcoat Refinisher – Scuffing – Kit A5

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

Thread Information