Thread: Aniline - Dog Urine Stain - How to salvage this 1940’s French Aniline Leather Sofa set from dog peed?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Aniline - Dog Urine Stain - How to salvage this 1940’s French Aniline Leather Sofa set from dog peed?

Yesterday my old incontinent dog peed on my favorite antique leather sofa. As soon as I discovered in I washed it with dish soap & water and later covered it with a leather hydrator. It's not completely dry but I can see a much darker place where the urine was. Help! I've been searching online and you seem to be the most knowledgeable.

The stain occurred sometime in the night before Christmas. Christmas day when I discovered the accident I had little resources at hand. The hydrator is a product I bought in Germany that I have good success with conditioning leather in the past; it’s by PNZ called Antik Wachs. It is a rich wax type cream that conditions and is not at all tacky. I massaged the wax by hand into the entire sofa. Everything, but the stain looks lovely. Then we left town on holiday the 26th, only returning this afternoon. This is a 1940’s French sofa set that I am terribly fond of. It has a number of stains but they only give it character, this stain however goes beyond character and must be addressed. I am in hopes this package of products can ultimately make the stain less pronounced.

If you can help me repair this amazing antique piece, it would be a testimony to the value of your products. I will follow exactly what you prescribe and document every stage/step with photos. Thank you sincerely for your help and your interest.

#3 Here is the stain. The dark part is stiffer than the unaffected area

#4 Close-up

#5 Water beads up initially, but then soaks in when massaged.

#6 Water – 5 minutes after application.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 01-02-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Thread Information