Thread: I have a White Chanel Perforated Leather Wallet I want to clean… I could not decide between the Degreaser-2.2 and the Prep-4.4.

Default I have a White Chanel Perforated Leather Wallet I want to clean… I could not decide between the Degreaser-2.2 and the Prep-4.4.

I have a technical question for you on use. I have a white perforated leather wallet I want to clean. Attached are some photos. Which products would you recommend for removing the hand marks? I could not decide between the Degreaser-2.2 and the Prep-4.4. Any technical advice you can offer on the process would be great.

This white leather is pigmented, thus the stains should be on the surface – Prep-4.4 is the choice.

To test if the protective topcoat is still intact, a drop of Hydrator-3.3 is place between the perforated holes on both the stain area and on an unused hidden area as comparison. The difference in the absorbency rate will tell if topcoat is to be recommended after the stain removal.

If the hidden area test show its absorbent; then the pigment might be either micro-pigmented or napa-pigment, rather than the standard non-absorbent pigmented.

Restorative cleaning is done with this sequence of processes…
    Prep-4.4 / Prep-7.7 > Cleaner-3.8 > Rinse-3.0

If there is a yellowing effect due to sweaty contact d’Yellow-6.7 is recommended to enhance the appearance of color, causing a "whitening" effect, making materials look less yellow by increasing the overall amount of blue light reflected.

When topcoat is desirable while the colorcoat is still intact; it’s recommended to match up right.

So keep in mind that white can come in three different grade of pigmented.
    Pigmented System – use Pigment-64 system
    Micro Pigmented System – use Pigment Micro-54 system
    Napa Pigment System – use Pigment Napa-84 system

Roger Koh
    [email protected]

This is the recommended leather care kit…

Leather Doctor® Semi-Aniline Leather Care Kit-SA3

Leather Specialty Remover (8)
    Leather Doctor® d’Yellow-6.7
    This is a pH 6.7 when dilute with 20 parts by weight with distilled water becomes an aqueous fluorescent whitening agent.
    It’s to enhance the appearance of color, causing a "whitening" effect, making materials look less yellow by increasing the overall amount of blue light reflected.

Pigmented Leather Coloring System (12)

Semi-Aniline Leather Coloring System (12)

Napa Leather Coloring System (11)

I have a similar wallet, only it's Louis Vuitton and it's purple classic LV. If it will look like that, I think I will also be needing this product. And if I would be using one of these products, is it possible it would retain its color?
    We take pride in creating quality Leather Work Gloves, driving gloves,Personalized Leather Work Gloves and will go to great lengths to achieve that goal.

Show us some pictures...and we can go from there...

Better on a new thread!

Thread Information