Thread: I have a bad belt dye stain on my Audi seat; another product made it worse; can I still save my leather?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I have a bad belt dye stain on my Audi seat; another product made it worse; can I still save my leather?

Hi Roger,

I see you've been on Autopia but now I see your e-mail and figured this is the best way to contact you.

I came across your products too late

I have a bad belt dye stain on my Audi seat. As you can see from the photos, another product made it worse. Can I still save my leather? I saw David's write up from last summer but I think this is more severe. If you can help me out, let me know. It looks like your online store is closed.

Thanks, B…

Thanks for your reply Roger.

I need an evaluation before knowing what to get.

Here're the photos of the seats…

You can see how Leather Master made the stain worse.

Please let me know if you can see everything. I've looked closely and the coating of the leather surface looks intact, it's just stained from the black belt and the stain has darkened and expanded.

See again carefully, picture #3 looks more like the finishes is completely removed…do you think so?

I'm looking at the finish now. I'm not familar with what a removed finish would look like The texture and feel is the same but the spot is black. If the black can't be removed i will need a dye.

Last edited by Roger Koh; 04-29-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Thread Information