Thread: How to remove unwanted Armor-All (silicone shine) from this Toyota Avalon dashboard - The results are terrible, a sunny day really creates a glare problem?

Default How to remove unwanted Armor-All (silicone shine) from this Toyota Avalon dashboard - The results are terrible, a sunny day really creates a glare problem?

Thanks for the response. If this stuff really works it will be a “life saver”. I’ve tried a lot of different products and techniques, including spraying liquid Pledge and letting it dry as suggested by the body shop manager at my Toyota dealer. Got a little dusty, but that’s all. What I’ve learned through several threads on different auto forums is that silicone, as employed by Armor-All and others, is very difficult to remove as it resists most solvents. However, if these products worked for you in a similar situation, i.e. removing silicone, I’ll buy it/them. Please let me know where I can obtain these products, their price, and, if possible, a phone number where I can actually speak to a knowledgeable person.

Attached are four photos showing how extreme the reflection can be from my dash. This is pretty much a worst case scenario since the sun is only about 30 degrees above the horizon. The color doesn’t show correctly, since it is a mostly gray with a bluish tint and not as blue as it appears in this photo. Also, there are a couple of whitish scratches on one side (doesn’t show) that were the result of trying a Magic Eraser. The surface of the dash is pebbled.

Hope this shows you what I’m dealing with. Sincerely you have something that will return my dash to a matt finish.

This Kit-SA.c is on the way, see how best the Prep-7.7 will solve your problem...

[B]Leather Doctor® Semi-Aniline Leather Care Kit-SA3 [B]

Contents:
    Prep-7.7 - 60ml
    Cleaner-3.8 - 250ml
    Rinse-3.0 - 250ml
    Leather Scent-B - 120ml
    Hydrator-3.3 - 250ml
    Fatliquor-5.0 - 250ml
    Leather (horsehair) Brush-1 - 1pc
    3” Poly-Brush® - 1pc
    Washable Rags - 5pcs

Thread Information