Thread: Pigmented - Two-tone: Streaking Discoloration: How to solve this streak problem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry for my tardiness this last couple of weeks.

When I say speckled, I refer to the specks of black pigment, not like a solid colour. Just black over-spray in speckles ??

I'm no expert on this, merely an avid learner that has made a lot of mistakes, but I keep on learning from them.

As I said above, re; the prep; steps.

For the application of the black over spray, which I think appears to be similar to a two tone effect.

To me the black appears to be a roller coated effect (?).

I would first mask off the good areas where you do not want excessive amounts of the black.

Gentle application of the black with an air brush, combined with a hair dryer in the other hand.

In effect, you are holding both tools side by side, this gets a quicker dry as well as giving the black more gloss.

You would be "feathering" the edges for lesser black.

This would be an on/off application to get small shots of the black until you get the desired effect.

I have performed similar on a green Chesterfield, however, in that case, I removed all the black from the entire cushions and re-sprayed the black over again.

Following the black would be two coats of top coat finish.

Hope you can understand what I mean, my translation is not that good at times.

regards,

Shorty.

PS ::: Roger, thanks for the pm
    Last edited by Shorty Down Under; 07-25-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Thread Information