Thread: What Products do I need to get Pet Urine out of my Leather Sectional?

Default What Products do I need to get Pet Urine out of my Leather Sectional?

I’m looking to see what products I need to get pet urine out of my leather sectional.

The seats are not removable and there are seams running along the seat in a tufted pattern so my guess is the urine seeped through that way.

I would really like to get rid of the smell and I don’t want to have to get rid of the couch as we just got it less than a year ago.

I hope there is something out there we can use to help.

Any advice is appreciated!

Here are some pictures.

It’s hard to find the stain with the color of the couch but you can see where the texture of the leather looks different than the rest.

It’s a bit stiffer in those areas but it’s still soft.

We were planning on recoloring the couch but I’m not sure if the damaged area would take color now.

The thing that bothers me the most is the smell.

Name:  Danielle3.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  Danielle2.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  Danielle1.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  91.2 KB

>>> I’m looking to see what products I need to get pet urine out of my leather sectional.

The product you will need to get pet urine out of the leather sectional is this:

Leather Urine Deodorizer Kit L5.uk2 by Leather Doctor is for decontaminating urine of its ammonia odors and sticky, slimy feel when detected with wet fingers.

>>> The seats are not removable and there are seams running along the seat in a tufted pattern so my guess is the urine seeped through that way.

The treatment will need to follow the path that the urine has traveled through to make contact.

>>>I would really like to get rid of the smell and I don’t want to have to get rid of the couch as we just got it less than a year ago. I hope there is something out there we can use to help. Any advice is appreciated!

Yes, the urine smell will be neutralized, and the leather softness will also be restored with a holistic system with Kit L5.uk2 by Leather Doctor.

>>> It’s hard to find the stain with the color of the couch but you can see where the texture of the leather looks different than the rest. It’s a bit stiffer in those areas but it’s still soft.

Leather is an amphoteric protein material and the urine has caused the fatliquor (fat and oil) to migrate out leaving the leather stiff. A complete urine restoration includes getting rid of the smell and restoring the leather suppleness by replenishing the original fat and oil into the leather structure.

>>> We were planning on recoloring the couch but I’m not sure if the damaged area would take color now.

Yes, recoloring main consideration is the adhesion of the color and the Adhesion coating is the reason not to miss out. The surface preparation is important to ensure that the adhesion coating has a good anchorage into a strong base. We can discuss this refinishing after this urine decontamination.

>>> The thing that bothers me the most is the smell.

Getting the smell out is the priority, next is restoring the stiffness of the leather, and then we can further discuss re-coloring the couch.

For your further reading, topics related to how to get pet urine out of leather sectional are found in the below link

People Also Ask:

1: What is Urine?

2: When Urine Odor becomes Present?

3: How does Urine Denature Leather?

4: What is the Effect of an Aged Urine?

5: How to Decontaminate Urine Stain?

6: How to Control Urine Bacteria and Mold Growth?

7: What is the Final Urine Wet Cleaning Process?

8: When to Commence Fatliquoring after Urine Decontamination?

9: How Fatliquor Works?

10: What is the Sequence of the Urine Decontamination Process?

Name:  Kit-L5.uk2__66083.1710168965.386.513.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  34.8 KB
    Leather Urine Deodorizer Kit L5.uk2
    https://leatherdoctor.com/leather-ur...er-kit-l5-uk2/

Further questions are welcome for discussion.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected],
    email: [email protected]
    phone: 604 773 1878

Thread Information