Thread: Vintage Shearling Suede Coat Split Repair.

Default Vintage Shearling Suede Coat Split Repair.

Earlier today, I had the opportunity to discuss my vintage shearling coat with you over the phone.

The coat has developed a minor split in a weak spot near the shoulder area, and I am considering purchasing your suede repair kit to address this issue myself.

Before making my purchase, I would like to know if your products are suitable for a do-it-yourself repair of this nature.

To better illustrate the problem area, I have attached a few photographs with this email.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my inquiry. I am eager to hear your expert advice on the matter.

Best regards,

Farooq Muhammad

Name:  Farooq1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  83.0 KB

Name:  Farooq2.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  188.4 KB

Name:  Farooq3.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  172.4 KB

Name:  Farooq4.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  208.1 KB

>>> My vintage shearling suede coat has developed a minor split in a weak spot near the shoulder area. Nothing is missing in the split. I put my finger inside to see what was happening, and I caused the split. How to repair the coat?

This is a copy-and-paste repair tip from this Shearling Suede Rip Repair and Care Kit SS7
    Name:  Shearling Suede Rip Repair and Care Kit Ss7.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  112.2 KB

https://leatherdoctor.com/shearling-suede-rip-repair-and-care-kit-ss7/

3: When to begin the Repair?

Suede rips and tears repair begins after cleaning, conditioning, and exfoliating to reveal a cleaner and stronger surface.

7: How to Repair Suede Rips and Tears?

7. 1: Suede rips and tears repairs are done with Glue 3D, a new adhesive bond that dries translucent through the repairs, smooth and strong, and the techniques deployed as follows:

7. 2: Product and Tools: Leather Glue or Bond 3D and a choice of tool used to apply the glue should be smaller than the size of the split for better control, such as the tip of a teaspoon, bamboo skewers flattened at the tip, or ice-cream stick reduced in size to fit. Cotton bud for removing the excess.

7. 3: Split Fit Test: A split fit test ensures no missing bits when the edges are pulled or pushed closed to fit, otherwise donor bits have to be made ready in place.

7. 4: Split Glue Application: Glue 3D is transferred to the tip of the tool of choice and spread thinly onto the open-split, any excess is removed with a cotton bud.

7. 5: Split Close-Up: Closing up of the split and alignment adjustment is done with a clean tool with good contact and also lastly to smooth out the edges before leaving to dry.

For further reading from Kit SS7

People Also Ask:
    1: What is Shearling Suede?
    2: Why Suede Rips and Tears Easily?
    3: When to begin a Repair?
    4: Why are products in Concentrate?
    5: How to Clean and Condition the Wool?
    6: How to Clean, Rinse, Hydrate, Fatliquor, and Exfoliate the Suede?
    7: How to Repair Suede Rips and Tears?
    8: How to Repair a Suede Hole?
    9: How to Repair a Weaken Rip Seam?
    Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected],