Thread: Aniline Leather Couch Crack and Tear Repair - Norwalk Furniture

Default Aniline Leather Couch Crack and Tear Repair - Norwalk Furniture

Hi,

I found your company while researching ways to repair my couch and was hoping you could guide me in the products I need for my couch.

The couch is 100% full Aniline leather as indicated by the patch of which I have included a picture.

I'm looking to fill in the cracks (picture included).

I was considering purchasing the Impregnator 26 for that.

Does that product leave the area flexible or rigid and is it the product you recommend?

I have a large tear in the couch.

I'm willing to repair it, I just don't want it to look like it was repaired with superglue (a common complaint among users of Amazon Leather repair kits.

What products would you recommend for that?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Name:  chelsea1.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  109.7 KB

Name:  Chelsea2.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  139.8 KB

Name:  Chelsea3.jpg
Size:  184.4 KB

Name:  Chelsea4.jpg
Size:  137.5 KB

[B]>>> I'm looking to fill in the cracks. I was considering purchasing the Impregnator 26 for that.

Impregnator 26 is not for filling up the cracks.
    It is used for impregnating overstretched loose fibers and micro-cracks to strengthen them. Bond 3D does.

>>> Does that product leave the area flexible or rigid and is it the product you recommend?

Impregnator 26 is a flexible repair, but to have a complete repair, it is highly recommended to perform this holistic 4 sequence of steps for a durable repair.

To prevent leather from cracking it will need periodic fatliquoring. Leather will never crack if they are periodically softened with Fatliquor (fat and oil). Fatliquor is the lifeblood of leather. When they are diminished, the leather stiffs up, and when stressed cracks.

1st Step - Preparation Cleaning and pH balancing.

Prep cleaning, rinsing, and pH balancing are performed with Prep 4.4 followed by Clean 3.8 and Rinse 3.0 to remove foreign contamination and pH balance to the leather chemistry integrity.

2nd Step - Hydrating and Fatliquoring.

Hydrating and Fatliquoring are performed with Hydrator 3.3 and Fatliquor 5.0 systems to soften up the leather from stiffness and cracking.

3rd Step - Impregnating.

Impregnating 26 tightens overstretched loose fibers with strength and flexibility.

4th Step - Bonding.

Bond 3D fills, bond and weld crack leather with flexibility.

>>>I have a large tear in the couch. I'm willing to repair it, I just don't want it to look like it was repaired with superglue (a common complaint among users of Amazon Leather repair kits. What products would you recommend for that?

Bond 3D and Patch 4S must work together for a tear repair. Patch 4S is first bonded to one side and when dry and cured is pulled closed to bond the other side and hold to dry. The opening is welded to a smooth scar when dry and appears translucent. Always test before actual work for performance satisfaction.

I will discuss in more details when you are ready.

The products mentioned can be found in these kits.

Aniline Leather Care Kit A3 by Leather Doctor performs cleaning, rinsing, hydrating, conditioning, and protection systems of care during a leather's lifetime. For further reading, follow the link . . .

https://leatherdoctor.com/aniline-leather-care-kit-a3/
    Name:  Kit_A3_B_Plus__57820.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  101.2 KB

Leather Repair Kit A8.r
    by Leather Doctor is a bonding, tightening, and smoothening repair system that comes as a supplement to redyeing and refinishing kits. For further reading, follow the link . . .

https://leatherdoctor.com/leather-repair-kit-a8-r/
    Name:  Leather_Repair_Kit_A8.r__77035.jpg
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com