Thread: Restoration Hardware Wax Pull-up Couches that Need Refinishing!

Default Restoration Hardware Wax Pull-up Couches that Need Refinishing!

I came across your products from a Pinterest article and it seems this might be my best bet for refinishing leather.

Unless it’s too difficult for me to take on.. not sure how hard of a process it might be…

I have 2 of the restoration hardware leather couches that need some refinishing.

From what I have seen, I would need the wax pull-up kit.

The cushions, it has started to fade color and there are scratches here and there.

Also, if I have 2, are there some of the products I would need to buy extra of?

Here are some photos of the couch.

Do I need to do anything with the dye for areas that have lightened?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing from you!

Jennie

Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  114.6 KB

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  180.3 KB

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  131.3 KB
    Last edited by Question; 04-26-2023 at 10:24 PM.

>>> Do I need to do anything with the dye for areas that have lightened?

A matching Aniline-76 transparent coating dyestuff is used to blend in to even up the lightened areas as necessary.

>>> Also, if I have 2, are there some of the products I would need to buy extra of?

Yes, individual products are available. I recommend that you test out the system on the worst-conditioned seat cushion such as picture #1. As based on usage, you will need how much you will need for the rest of the 2 you have.

>>> The cushions, it has started to fade color and there are scratches here and there.

This Leather Doctor system works in dovetailing progress to restore the color fades to a degree, and the balance difference if necessary is blended in with Aniline-76. In the Hydrator-3.3 and Fatliquor-5.0 system, the dormant dyestuff within the leather structure when activated will resurface dyestuff to the surface (just like activating tea leaves with hot water to bring out the tea color). So a certain dyestuff is recovered to the surface. Much of the original fatliquor (fat and oil) is also replenished which also contributes to the color intensity. The replenishing of the secondary pull-up conditioner will also restore some lost coloring. The final gloss top coat will also magnify the color intensity. Now is the time to decide if more coloring needs to bring up the difference with Aniline-76, when satisfied, it is again sealed with the gloss top coat.

>>> The cushions, it has started to fade color and there are scratches here and there.

The scratches here and there will blend in along the dovetailing progress.

>>> From what I have seen, I would need the wax pull-up kit.

Name:  Kit-Aw6.tc__06668.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  87.1 KB
    Aniline Wax Pull-up Leather Topcoat Refinishing Kit Aw6.tc
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/anilin...howHidden=true

or

Name:  Kit-Aw7.cl__66031.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  119.3 KB
    Leather Aniline Wax Pull-up Dye Refinishing - Kit-Aw7.cl
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...ng-kit-aw7-cl/

>>> Unless it’s too difficult for me to take on.. not sure how hard of a process it might be…

If you take the instruction accordingly you get the same result without knowing how the leather chemistry works. It is that simple. Personal coaching by WhatsApp is also available to watch over you doing right the first time and let me know if you need it.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected],
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information