Thread: Leather dashboard creases

Default Leather dashboard creases

Hello,

I am looking to repair my leather dash on my Porsche. There are some creases around the leather stitched area and I'm not sure if it was from water or not? You can barely feel these creases when you run your finger across it. How might i go about repairing this without re-dying or changing the surface texture/color.

Name:  DGjICHF.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  38.0 KB

>>> There are some creases around the leather stitched area and I'm not sure if it was from water or not?

Yes, looks like water has done through the stitching holes and moved sidewards from the thickness of the leather.

>>> How might i go about repairing this without re-dying or changing the surface texture/color.

The damaging water pH value needs to be neutralized, and the entire panel needs to be pH neutralized and saturated with CleanPro-1.5 > Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 ( the suffix number of products indicate their pH value).
    Damaging areas need to be saturated with CleanPro-1.5 and the entire panel needs the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 to saturate and redistribute back the leather constituents back into place. That is to say, the leather structure needs to be pH balanced, and redistributed to equalize the appearance.

Products mentioned are found in this kit
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...ng-kit-sa7-st/
    Name:  Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 10.56.11 AM.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  101.0 KB

Or you may purchase individual products accordingly.

Online coaching by WhatsApp video is available to do it right the first time.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected],
    email: [email protected]
    WhatsApp: +639467037976

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> There are some creases around the leather stitched area and I'm not sure if it was from water or not?

Yes, looks like water has done through the stitching holes and moved sidewards from the thickness of the leather.

>>> How might i go about repairing this without re-dying or changing the surface texture/color.

The damaging water pH value needs to be neutralized, and the entire panel needs to be pH neutralized and saturated with CleanPro-1.5 > Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 ( the suffix number of products indicate their pH value).
    Damaging areas need to be saturated with CleanPro-1.5 and the entire panel needs the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 to saturate and redistribute back the leather constituents back into place. That is to say, the leather structure needs to be pH balanced, and redistributed to equalize the appearance.

Products mentioned are found in this kit
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...ng-kit-sa7-st/
    Name:  Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 10.56.11 AM.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  101.0 KB

Or you may purchase individual products accordingly.

Online coaching by WhatsApp video is available to do it right the first time.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected],
    email: [email protected]
    WhatsApp: +639467037976
    Thanks a bunch for responding. Is there any risk of delaminating when doing this procedure ?

Well, i think you are correct. Water is behind all this.

Thread Information