Thread: leather pealing

Default leather pealing

I was wondering if you could give me instructions and a list of products to be used if this can be repaired. Also, the finish won't stop pealing what should I do to stop the pealing? How do I get the matching color needed for the repair?
    What types of products do I need to protect this leather?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

>>> Also, the finish won't stop pealing what should I do to stop the pealing?

This peeling is common with Bicast leather, or laminated leathers just like laminated floorings. The surrounding environment also plays a part such as inert gases or high humidity. Bare body oil, grease, and sweat also play a part. Question, do you find your white plastic switches turn yellowish? Where is your location? How old is your upholstery? Unless we know the cause of the problem, we have no clue how to stop the peelings.

>>> I was wondering if you could give me instructions and a list of products to be used if this can be repaired.

If you want to do spot repairs, and since it won't stop peeling, there is no end to the problem. My suggestion is to peel off a section and color-refinish an entire section. I would also think that it is the body contact areas that are the problems.

>>> How do I get the matching color needed for the repair?

We can talk about color matching when you decide on your approach to solve this problem.

>>> What types of products do I need to protect this leather?

If I have enough information, I can recommend the cleaning of the body contact issue and you will need a rub-resistant protection to smooth the surface from friction rubs.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected],
    email: [email protected]
    phone: 604 773 1878

Thread Information