Thread: Advice needed for water damaged Chanel boy bag

Default Advice needed for water damaged Chanel boy bag

Please help a girl out.
    I accidentally put my beloved and extremely sentimental boy Chanel bag in the washing machine. Name:  E24185B0-FEAC-4214-BDA3-44F6B44F6390.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  249.9 KBName:  C0F31122-C472-4A4D-8DF4-377F6CC52882.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  146.5 KBName:  190E647D-38CB-45B6-8F98-AECA2575CFA5.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  156.0 KBThe bag while intact is worse for wear.
    The heavy chain and imprinted on the front chevron and the structure of the bag is completely warped.
    I know it will never be like new. But what can I do to help minimise the decompressions on the front?
    Any suggestions for returning the structure some what would also be appreciated.
    I’ve been in tears for days.

Kristine,

Technically, what happens is that the original fatliquor (fat and oil) has wash out from the breaking of the hydrogen bond between the leather protein fiber and the fatliquor.

To restore back will need undoing the shrinkage with Hydrator-3.3 and fatliquor with Fatliquor-5.0 and stretch back to its original dimension and shape.

Possible you do it yourself with Leather Doctor products and my on-time coaching with WhatsApp or you can have me do it for you.

Question: What cleaning liquid you have used in the washing machine, and its pH value will need to be neutralized (leather has a pH value of 3 to 5).

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  4.8 KB

Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    WhatsApp: +639467037976

Thankyou for the confirmation.
    How many hours do you believe the task will take to complete if you were to complete the task? And will it return to a state which the damage will look almost like it never happened??

The washing detergent was Omo liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    Kristine,

Technically, what happens is that the original fatliquor (fat and oil) has wash out from the breaking of the hydrogen bond between the leather protein fiber and the fatliquor.

To restore back will need undoing the shrinkage with Hydrator-3.3 and fatliquor with Fatliquor-5.0 and stretch back to its original dimension and shape.

Possible you do it yourself with Leather Doctor products and my on-time coaching with WhatsApp or you can have me do it for you.

Question: What cleaning liquid you have used in the washing machine, and its pH value will need to be neutralized (leather has a pH value of 3 to 5).

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  4.8 KB

Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    WhatsApp: +639467037976

Thanks for the advice.
    How do I go about obtaining the products to fix the issue?
    Or if I sent to you how long would it take to fix?

The detergent was omo liquid.
    Last edited by Kristinamaree; 08-11-2022 at 11:55 PM.

>>> How do I go about obtaining the products to fix the issue?

The store will be re-opening soon, hopefully by the end of August.
    Tips: Need to know the pH value of Omo liquid, I went to the site and there is a variety, but I do not know which one you have used. I was looking for their MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet), but no response from the chat yet. The pH value of the leather must have been compromised by the unknown pH value of the OMO liquid. Thus the need to pH balance with Acidifier-2.0 is the first step. The leather has to be brought back to the original pH value of 3 to 5. Without a leather pH meter, it can also be detected from our fingertips. A drip of water preferably distilled water can detect the physical health of the leather. The leather needs to achieve a ‘squeaky-feel’ instead of a sticky or slimy feel (just like the feeling of the skin of a fresh fish). I will explain the further details if you wish to do it yourself. Suggest you need on-time coaching with WhatsApp to answer all questions before you start. And also good, to be with you in a critical decision-making moment, to help you do it right the first time.

>>>Or if I sent it to you how long would it take to fix?

I have moved from Vancouver to the Philippines, depending on where you are sending me from (my time is the same as coaching @US$99m an hour.

>>> How many hours do you believe the task will take to complete if you were to complete the task?

The soaking up time may take up to 72 hours, but most of the time is passive, the active time is doing the physical manipulation or stretching back to near new appearance may take up to 8 hours.

>>> And will it return to a state in which the damage will look almost like it never happened??

If this is a flat sheet of leather, yes, but unfortunately there is no way to flatten it out completely as it is already in 3 dimensions.
    The technique is the same as processing a piece of hide into flat leather, using the same chemistry technology as practiced in a modern tannery.
    But this will be done with delicate hand technique to the best close to the original.

Anyone can do it with the name products and techniques, with the products system already in practice confirmed and testified by Chanel Boutique of Vancouver (we restored some of their clients bags better than showroom conditions).

Note:
    No charges if fail to satisfy or redo with no charges!

Thread Information