Thread: Too much Autoglym on trousers

Default Too much Autoglym on trousers

I'm not a professional so I hope it's OK to post here. I treated a pair of leather jeans with AutoGlym. I know it's only meant for upholstery, but the manufacturers of the jeans recommend it. The leather really drank it up, so I put a lot on and assume I put too much on, because there is an area which is sort of mottled and different looking - a bit as if the leather is fashionably distressed.

Any suggestions how to get it off? Or could it be something else?

I've tried a damp cloth and I've tried gentle warming with a hair dryer and wiping with a dry cloth but no result. Suggestions would be gratefully received.

Andy,

Show some pictures and we can go from there. . . .

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    WhatsApp: +639467037976

Dear Roger,

The funny object in the middle is to lift up the surface to get rid of reflections. Reflections were a problem but the issue is clear enough in the two rectangles I've marked. There are mottled light marks, overall a little bit similar to distressed leather.

I hope this is enough of a picture.

Name:  Leather marks 1.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  111.8 KB

>>> There are mottled light marks, overall a little bit similar to distressed leather.

Pictures shows wear or worn or scratched finishes.

Finishes comprise the color and topcoat.

Color is either pigmented or aniline if it is absorbent most likely it is aniline dyestuff (napa pigmented is also as absorbent).

If color is aniline, then hydrating with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system will activate the dormant dyestuff within the leather structure to enrich the surface. (A sure confirmation is to look at the suede side, if the color is the same nrange, then most likely is an aniline color finish.

Finishing with a clear topcoat will magnify the beauty of the aniline leather thus brings back closed to the original.

With the right kit, it is a simple steps of instruction, DIY with professional result.

We do it on handbags like Chanel - can be varify with Chanel boutique of Vancouver

Here is an example of leather refinishing back to the original

https://www.leathercleaningrestorati...earling-Jacket

Thread Information