Size:  97.7 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  135.4 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  154.8 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  105.4 KB

Hello,

I would like to restore this Blue Chanel bag. As seen in the pictures it is 1) dry and flat, 2) the color is faded, 3) it has darker color grading/ staining around the corners and is 4) partially worn out and gritty along the edges.

I have already purchased the anline Kit and would aproach like this:

Prep, clean, Rinse
    Hydrate and fat Liquor several Times.
    Dye

Is this how you would approch this?

1. Is there a chance That the color will be restored to its original vibrance after hydrating + fatliquor? I am afraid That dying will get blotchy. How can i Prevent this?
    2. How would you approch the gritty Worn out edges? (Pic 4) should i Sand/grind them with sandpaper 3000-7000?

THANK YOU in advance, blessings
    Kaju

>>> I would like to restore this Blue Chanel bag. Is this how you would approach this?

The recommended kit for a Topcoat refinishing is Leather Doctor Kit-A6.tc. This kit is without the matching Aniline-76 dyestuff, and the reason is simply to avoid dyeing if possible for the reason that dyeing needs a higher level of skills. Instead, the safest approach is to activate the dormant dyestuff within the thickness of the leather to resurface with Hydrator-3.3 and this method ensures that the original color may be achieved or bring close to the original, otherwise a coating dyestuff with Aniline-76 when needed will still bring closer to the original. When restoring with an original matching gloss topcoat using AnilineTop-76G and with or without a color matching dyestuff using Aniline-76G, the leather need to be degreased with Degreaser-2.2 otherwise there will be poor adhesion that results in blotchiness. The suspended soiling from the Degreaser-2.2 needs to be rinsed off with Acidifier-2.0 (the suffix number represents the pH value of products, for example Degreaser-2.2 has a pH value of 2.2. Remember that leather is an amphoteric protein material which is why the products are acidic to charge the leather protein fiber ionic positive +ve, to hydrogen bond with all the existing leather constituents). Acidifier-2.0 performs the function of rinsing, neutralization, and ionic pH charging as an example.

>>> As seen in the pictures it is 1) dry and flat,

Dryness is a sign of fatliquor (fat and oil) diminishing, so with the loss of fatliquor through evaporation, the color lightens up too. When leather fatliquor percentage drops from the original 14% the color appearance will lose its intensity too. When leather loses its fatliquor, it becomes weaker and is subject to abrasion, and wears out. Flatness is the result of dimensional shrinkage from lack of fatliquor. “Fatliquor is the lifeblood of leather” and the percentage when maintain keeps the leather integrity intact.

>>> 1. Is there a chance That the color will be restored to its original vibrance after hydrating + fatliquor? I am afraid That dying will get blotchy. How can i Prevent this?

Blotchiness issue is mainly due to the presence of surface grease, that the surface absorption rates become inconsistent. Using the leather eraser helps to remove surface soiling is an essential tool for both wet cleaning and dry erasing. Restoring color with Hydrator-3.3 activates the dormant dyestuff to resurface, and it also depends on how much dyestuff is in the leather structure. Fatliquor-5.5 contributes to the intensity of the coloring. Surfactant-3.6 is used to inspect for oily surface tension that impedes adhesion. Adhesion-73 is used as s primer or adhesion coating prior to Aniline-76.

>>> 2. How would you approach the gritty Worn out edges? (Pic 4) should i Sand/grind them with sandpaper 3000-7000?

Gritty worn-out edges are repaired with Bond-3D, however, it will appear darker in appearance, depending on if the existing color can camouflage it. Sanding is only applied to the finishes of the leather and not the leather itself. The more the leather is sand the more coarse or rough or suede it becomes.

Recommended topcoat restoration kit with the final dyeing as an option.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 5.10.28 PM.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  246.4 KB

Personal on time coaching is available to help you get it right the first time, let me know if you are interested.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Hello Roger,

Thank you so very much for replying!

So i already have the aniline kit a3, where can i get Kit A6 and the Bond 3D?

Kind Regards and again thank you!

Kaju

We are closed to relocating to the Philippines and will notify you once ready if you send me your interest by email to [email protected]

Thread Information