Thread: Black Anniline couches, rarely used, just need conditioner

Smile Black Anniline couches, rarely used, just need conditioner

Just need confirmation regarding which products will nourish and condition a pair of rarely used black anniline couches. There are no stains on them. They are quite large, and need more at least 250ml each time. Is there one or more products I need to use, or just the conditioner.

To “nourish”, sustain or maintain leather is to prevent it from starving of its original 15% fullness of fatliquor. The percentage of fatliquor (fat and oil) in the leather diminishes as the leather ages right after the tannery, converting the raw hide into leather. The main purpose of this fatliquor in the leather structure is to impart suppleness and prevent creases developing that eventually progresses into cracks and loss of tear strength. Fatliquor is the lifeblood of leather, with frequent nourishing will prolong the original perpetual usefulness of the leather. Tips is to hydrate the leather to relax its leather structure prior to fatliquoring it with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system.

To “condition” the leather for a buttery-feel, non-stick surface Leather Protector-B is recommended.

We are talking about “Periodic Care” when it comes to nourishing of leather.

“Routine Care” will include rinsing, cleaning, and spot removal.

Here is the “leather problem-solving guide” for easy reference.
    Name:  aniline-a.f-full.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  132.4 KB

System product recommendation and further reading
    Name:  Kit-A3.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  79.7 KB
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...e-care-kit-a3/

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Dear Roger, Many thanks for your advice, I am sure I can find most of what I need to know from you guide. I was confused re fatliquor, as I had never heard the term. I will read and order what I need. Again, many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    To “nourish”, sustain or maintain leather is to prevent it from starving of its original 15% fullness of fatliquor. The percentage of fatliquor (fat and oil) in the leather diminishes as the leather ages right after the tannery, converting the raw hide into leather. The main purpose of this fatliquor in the leather structure is to impart suppleness and prevent creases developing that eventually progresses into cracks and loss of tear strength. Fatliquor is the lifeblood of leather, with frequent nourishing will prolong the original perpetual usefulness of the leather. Tips is to hydrate the leather to relax its leather structure prior to fatliquoring it with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system.

To “condition” the leather for a buttery-feel, non-stick surface Leather Protector-B is recommended.

We are talking about “Periodic Care” when it comes to nourishing of leather.

“Routine Care” will include rinsing, cleaning, and spot removal.

Here is the “leather problem-solving guide” for easy reference.
    Name:  aniline-a.f-full.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  132.4 KB

System product recommendation and further reading
    Name:  Kit-A3.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  79.7 KB
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...e-care-kit-a3/

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    Thank you your chart is very helpful for any one dealing with leather damages.

Thread Information