Thread: sun fading

Default sun fading

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10654

Hi Roger, I have this sofa that has sun fading, I wanted to hydrate and also add fatliquor and wrap it to see if I could bring some color from the back but there is some coating on it that is not allowing the leather to absorb the liquids. Can you please guide me and tell me what is the proper way to improve the color?
    thank you,
    Luis
    Attached Images Attached Images  

>>> but there is some coating on it that is not allowing the leather to absorb the liquids.

This coating is the topcoat that protects the leather and also determines its luster level.

>>> Can you please guide me and tell me what is the proper way to improve the color?

Once the coating (topcoat) is removed to allow absorbency, the hydrator will activate the dormant dyestuff within the leather structure to resurface. This technique is practical to leather which is dyed-through and can be inspected by examining the cross-section of the leather. A sprayed dyed aniline leather may not have sufficient dormant dyestuff to resurface. A test can be conducted at the reverse suede side with Hydrator-3.3 and test with a white towel to determine the possibility. Alternatively, the coating can be test removed by using sandpaper above 1000 grit to prevent damaging the leather grain. A white residue is from the topcoat, and if color appears, it may have damaged the topcoat. The next alternative is to use Leather Doctor Stripper-2.3 to remove the topcoat. Leather Doctor Surfactant-3.6 will help to check the surface for even absorbency.

Without removal of the topcoat is simply redyed with Leather Doctor Adhesor-73 > Aniline-76 > AnilineTop-76G system (a transparent dyestuff formulated to surface coats over the existing non-absorbent topcoat).

Online coaching by WhatsApp is also available at US$99 an hour to help you do right the first time.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information