Thread: Cat Urine on Semi-Aniline Couch

Default Cat Urine on Semi-Aniline Couch

My cat urinated between the cushions of my semi-aniline couch. It soaked through, but only made light contact with the cushions. However, I didn’t realize he had done it for quite some time (I thought the smell was coming from elsewhere) and now I’m left with a stiff, smelly spot. What do I need to neutralize the odour and restore the texture? The colour seems to be unaffected, but there is now a weird, hardened texture to the leather.
    Name:  92551119-D8D0-4028-83CB-2984E57BF7BD.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  136.4 KB

>>> and now I’m left with a stiff, smelly spot. What do I need to neutralize the odour and restore the texture?
    The stiffness is the result of the fatliquor leaching out or breaking the hydrogen bonds with the leather protein fiber, thus reverting to rawhide. Remember leather is an amphoteric material and when the urine smells it has turned alkaline. Stiffness of the leather is restored by decontaminating the urine, neutralizing the pH value of the leather acidic (pH 3 to 5). Hydrate the stiffness and then replenish back the original Fatliquor. The smells will neutralized with KillUrine-2.1
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/anilin...or-kit-l5-uk2/
    Name:  Kit_L5.uk__17030.1454974876.220.290__58007.1598079063.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  124.0 KB

>>> The colour seems to be unaffected, but there is now a weird, hardened texture to the leather.
    The finishing may have been delaminated from the leather crust, so avoid any rubbing on the possible deteriorating finishing. I will give more details on how to avoid any peeling or removing of the finishes, when you are ready.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Roger, are you still in business? Your site doesn’t seem to be working!

Yes cmillz,

We are still in business and the store www.leatherdoctor.com should be opening by end of Aug, 2021.

Email me: [email protected] and I can get the product out to you by PayPay invoice.

Thread Information