Thread: Need help on how to repair my Hermes Birkin

Default Need help on how to repair my Hermes Birkin

Hi everyone,
    Please take a look at the pictures. I have this Burgundy Hermes Birkin 35 Fjord, with the four corner worn out.
    Name:  IMG_8193.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  99.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_8196.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  94.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_8197.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  258.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_8197.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  258.3 KB

Any recommendation what to use to re dye the corners?

Specially, how to find a matching colour dye? Any recommendation? Can I try mix and match? What color pigment will I need?

THanks
    Rachel

>>> Any recommendation what to use to re dye the corners?

Know the difference between re-dying and re-coloring. Re-dyeing is using a transparent dyestuff and re-coloring is using an opaque color pigment. This leather is aniline finished, meaning originally used transparent dyestuff. So logically we should stick with aniline dyestuff. There are also two versions of aniline dyestuff, a staining dyestuff and a coating dyestuff. Aniline dyestuff is subject to UV and sunlight fading more than pigmented dyestuff. So using a fresh dyestuff to repair may not blend into the UV and sunlight exposed areas. Logically the entire bag needs to be refinished to ensure that the entire bag has the same color saturation.

>>> Specially, how to find a matching colour dye?

This is a typical aniline red-brown color.

>>> Any recommendation?

Adhesor-73 > Aniline-76 (red-brown) > AnilineTop-76G > Protector-B system.
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...ing-kit-a7-cl/

>>> Can I try mix and match?

Yes, you will need a test mix and match.
    Color intensity is built up by layers (what you see is not what you get).

>>> What color pigment will I need?

Transparent Coating Aniline Red-Brown, however you still need to match it prior to application.

Tips:
    Since the leather is dye through, using Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system to redistribute the excess dyestuff to resurface and saturate with Fatliquor-5.0 (when the original fat and oil evaporates the leather tends to be lighter in color and rejuvenating it enriched the color intensity, when a gloss topcoat is then applied, to the worn areas the color comes closed to the original if there was an coating dyestuff added then the matching Aniline-76 could possible to even off with a total light refinishing over again.
    Well it may sound complicated, however on-time coaching is available @ US$99 an hour to see you do it right the first time, you need to email me for such an arrangement. Let me know what you think?

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information