Thread: Chanel vintage lack of Glossy, shine and buttery look

Exclamation Chanel vintage lack of Glossy, shine and buttery look

Hello,

I used the wrong product and I ended up spoiling the bag. I took it to the bag spa repair and he added a glitter. To make the story short I ended up paying for nothing since I was charged just to remove the glitter an not repairing the problem I brought it for. Can you please be so kind to tell me what products and steps to follow to make the area of my bag back as it was before? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

>>> I used the wrong product and I ended up spoiling the bag.
    How is the bag spoil by using the wrong product, does it cause the loss of shine?

>>> I took it to the bag spa repair and he added a glitter. To make the story short I ended up paying for nothing since I was charged just to remove the glitter an not repairing the problem I brought it for.

Does removing the glitter makes the original spoiling of the bag worse?

>>> Can you please be so kind to tell me what products and steps to follow to make the area of my bag back as it was before? Thanks.

The complete solution is to refinished the entire bag, back to the original, so that it will have an overall even appearance. And if this is what you want to achieve, then using the Leather Doctor Leather Aniline Dye Refinishing Kit-A7.cl will achieve your desired result.
    Name:  DSC_0653__96591.1455004072.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  67.1 KB
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...ing-kit-a7-cl/

We will discuss the why and how when you are ready.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Hello Roger,

Thanks for replying me back! To answer your question, yes after I sprayed a cleaner it lost the shine and glossy look in the front area under the flap. It actually doesn’t feel smooth at touch as well. The rest of the bag is fine. It’s still shiny and buttery at touch on the other areas. He sprayed some glitter that he said it was organic and as a matter of fact it didn’t affect the whole bag after he removed it. He didn’t fix my problem on the front area. So I would like to know if I need more than 1 product to recreate the glossy finish on the bag on that particular area. Once again, thanks for helping me out ��

>>> So I would like to know if I need more than 1 product to recreate the glossy finish on the bag on that particular area.

“To recreate the glossy finish on the bag in that particular area.” is not recommended as there is no way to blend for obvious various technical reasons. An entire panel from edge to edge is recommended, that is to say, the entire panel needs to be made an even appearance with the “sprayed cleaner that lost the shine”.

This should be the procedure.

1- Sprayer cleaner to lose the shine for an entire panel (to even out the entire panel for an uneven appearance).

2- Clean sprayer cleaner residue with Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 system.

3- While the leather is still damp, continue with the Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

4- When dry, use Adhesor-73 to smooth out the touch to satisfaction when dry.

5- Now, it is time to apply AnilineTop-76G to build up the desired glossy finish.

6- When dry, apply Protector-B and the bag is ready to use.

Tips:
    I am available for online coaching to walk you through the entire process at a cost of US$99 an hour if you wish to do it right the first time. You would then be experienced to do it yourself and do it for your friends too.

Thread Information