Thread: Stain on Article Sven Analine leather sofa

Default Stain on Article Sven Analine leather sofa

Good morning all. Over the weekend our new couch was stained with what I assume was whiskey. Any advice how to remove or lessen the appearance of this stain? I did attempt cleaning withe leatherhoney and it seems only possibly damaged the finish of the panel.

I also discovered this stain this morning, which is ???.

Do I have any options here or do I learn to live with it and hope it eventually blends better?

This is the couch:
    https://www.article.com/product/1183...-chocolat-sofa
    Attached Images Attached Images  

>>> Over the weekend our new couch was stained with what I assume was whiskey. Any advice how to remove or lessen the appearance of this stain? I did attempt cleaning withe leatherhoney and it seems only possibly damaged the finish of the panel.

The finish is refinished with AnilineTop-76G, however prior refinishing, the original stain mixed with the residue of the leatherhoney will need to be removed. Any alcohol will also dry up the original fatliquor which will need to be replenished with Fatliquor-5.0 to retain its original suppleness. The diminishing of the percentage of fatliquor from the original average 14% will lead to dryness of the leather that will eventually lead to dry rotting.

>>> I also discovered this stain this morning, which is ???.

Suggest that a drop of distilled water is tested next to the stain to determine if the stain is penetrated or still remains on the surface of the finishes.

>>> Do I have any options here or do I learn to live with it and hope it eventually blends better?

You have options to remove the stain, the leather-safe system that is based on the principle of tannery science and logic.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> Over the weekend our new couch was stained with what I assume was whiskey. Any advice how to remove or lessen the appearance of this stain? I did attempt cleaning withe leatherhoney and it seems only possibly damaged the finish of the panel.

The finish is refinished with AnilineTop-76G, however prior refinishing, the original stain mixed with the residue of the leatherhoney will need to be removed. Any alcohol will also dry up the original fatliquor which will need to be replenished with Fatliquor-5.0 to retain its original suppleness. The diminishing of the percentage of fatliquor from the original average 14% will lead to dryness of the leather that will eventually lead to dry rotting.

>>> I also discovered this stain this morning, which is ???.

Suggest that a drop of distilled water is tested next to the stain to determine if the stain is penetrated or still remains on the surface of the finishes.

>>> Do I have any options here or do I learn to live with it and hope it eventually blends better?

You have options to remove the stain, the leather-safe system that is based on the principle of tannery science and logic.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    Thank you for the response Roger. What would you recommend for the removal of the stain and residue? Should I be able to isolate the repair to just the affected panel?

>>> What would you recommend for the removal of the stain and residue? Should I be able to isolate the repair to just the affected panel?

Recommend a non-destructive approach with caution, based on science and common sense. And only can we then make the next move when we know how the stain responds.

The safest recommendation is to have someone coaching you as you attempt to remove the stain (on-time video call, like WhatsApp). And my cost is US$99/- an hour when you email me for such services.

One possibility is to penetrate, lubricate and redistribute the darkening effect to disperse the stain and any damaged finishes are then repaired according. The structural stain removal has to cover the entire panel without leaving an adjacent dry area to avoid unwanted ring marks.

This is the stain removal guide for Aniline Sauvage Leather ...
    Name:  aniline-a.fs-full-sauvage2.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  138.6 KB
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 06-10-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Thread Information