Thread: Deodorize and Protect MC Louis Vuitton Canvas

Question Deodorize and Protect MC Louis Vuitton Canvas

Hi,

I would like to know which products I should use for my multicolor cosmetic pouch.

I need to deodorize the pouch; I'm not sure of the odor (it might be musty, cigarette smoke, bacteria or combination of all three). Is there a general deodorizer I can use?

A light cleaning might work, but which cleaner is safe for this type of canvas leather and interior?

I also need to protect the canvas. I know Leather Protector-B is recommended for this type of leather. Should/Can I use this in conjunction with professional stain proofing? If so, do I apply before or after the stain proofing? Or should I use the Leather Protector-B on its own?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Name:  IMG_1715.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  115.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1716.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  94.1 KB
    Last edited by QQLV; 05-24-2021 at 09:27 PM.

>>> I need to deodorize the pouch; I'm not sure of the odor (it might be musty, cigarette smoke, bacteria or combination of all three). Is there a general deodorizer I can use?

Deodorizers are specific to musty, cigarette, bacteria, body-odor . . . A restorative cleaning using Prep-7.7 > Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0 is recommended for non-absorbent material prior to deodorizing.

>>> A light cleaning might work, but which cleaner is safe for this type of canvas leather and interior?

A light cleaning system is with Clean-3.8 > Rinse-3.0.

>>> I also need to protect the canvas. I know Leather Protector-B is recommended for this type of leather. Should/Can I use this in conjunction with professional stain proofing? If so, do
    I apply before or after the stain proofing? Or should I use the Leather Protector-B on its own?

This material is already non-absorbent, thus no need for waterproofing. What is recommended to reduce the wear of the finishing and imparting a non-stick surface with Leather Protector-B or B+.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information