Thread: Super dirty Natuzzi light brown leather sofa

Smile Super dirty Natuzzi light brown leather sofa

Hi folks!

I've just come into possession of a pair of super dirty 3 seater Natuzzi leather sofas. I believe that they are the "protecta" variety (as i understand it there are two finishes for these couches, natural and protecta, the latter being some kind of protective coating.)

This is one of the seats: https://i.imgur.com/DW2iEqH.jpg also first image below. I can only imagine that they came from a garage, so much grease and muck

So i tried laying a paper towel soaked in mild dish soap on one cushion for an hour, it's worked to a certain extent, but I'm wondering if there is a better way and what the best approach is to restore these sofas?
    https://i.imgur.com/jf98XKf.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 10.31.08 AM.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  490.0 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 10.31.22 AM.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  492.2 KB

>>> So i tried laying a paper towel soaked in mild dish soap on one cushion for an hour

Always check the pH value of products used as all alkaline pH values above 7 will need to be neutralized with a low pH acidic rinse to return the pH value of leather to the acidic side of the pH scale, more relevant in natural than protecta finishes. With a pH value above 7 on the protecta finishes will degrade the finish to stickiness or tackiness to the surface to attract dirt and soiling like a magnet.

>>> I'm wondering if there is a better way and what the best approach is to restore these sofas?

A holistic leather-safe system is by a restorative cleaning system:

Note:
    Phase 2 and phase 3 are limited to the stitching holes, as generally, a protecta finish is non-absorbent.

Restorative Care:

This is the ultimate restorative or salvage care system that removes accumulated soiling including aged conditioners. Accumulated soiling that fills creases is often mistaken for cracks. Using Prep-7.7 performs restorative cleaning. It works by chemical reaction to emulsify soiling through its penetrating, lubricating and suspending power. Horsehair detailing Brush-1 is recommended to work into heavily soiled areas sufficiently to avoid excessive agitation that might damage already weakened finishes, especially on heavily used areas.

1st phase - Restorative Cleaning:

1 - Apply Prep-7.7 and agitate with horsehair Brush-1, ensuring a uniform application over the entire surfaces a section at a time.
    2 - Allow a dwell time of 10 to 30 minutes or before it dries prior to towel extraction until it shows clean.
    3 - Sticky residue is removed by Clean-3.8 with gentle brush agitation and towel extracts until it shows clean.
    4 - Remaining residues are spray rinse with Rinse-3.0 and towel extracts to a squeaky-clean.
    5 - Let dry and inspect for satisfaction, otherwise repeat the cleaning process as necessary or proceed to hydrating.

2nd phase – Hydrating:

Hydrating is essential to relax and separate the stick together collapsing fibrous structure. It's surfactantcy or surface active agent helps check for surface tension of blotchiness prior to fatliquor replenishing.
    1 - Spray Hydrator-3.3 to saturate with an even appearance to soften up the leather.
    2 - Let it dwell 10 to 30 minutes and towel extract wick up soiling until it shows clean.

3rd phase – Fatliquoring:

Fat and oil replenishing maintains the leather’s structure integrity and pliability thus strengthening these exposed leather from cracking.
    1 - Spray Fatliquor-5.0 in a manner as Hydrator-3.3 and let it dry naturally.
    2 - Repeat application in between drying until saturated.
    3 - The leather is left for slow natural drying for extra softness.
    4 - Surface strays are wiped with Hydrator-3.3 to free of sticky residue.

4th phase – Preventive Care:

1 - Mist sprays Protector-B spread with a lint-free towel and is ready for use when dry.

https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...-care-kit-sa3/
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 10.46.45 AM.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com