Thread: 2008 F350 King Ranch re-dye

Default 2008 F350 King Ranch re-dye

Hello, great forum. Lots of good information.

I have a 2008 F350 KR with what a believe to be Chaparral Leather based on photos I’ve seen and a comparison of the interior trim codes on the door sill sticker. I ordered a ‘perfect match’ system from a supplier for Chaparral leather but it turned out far more red than I anticipated and I was not happy with it so I stripped it using leather cleaner and aniline conditioner. I don’t want to wear it out anymore and am looking to make sure I do this properly and do not cause any more damage. I have the same suppliers castrano brown dye and it does match the headrest much closer than their chaparral so it is possible that I ordered the wrong one.

I will post some photos and wait for your recommendation of products to purchase from you to do this job properly. I want to re-dye it the factory colour and then use that dye on the seats as well. Thank you in advance.

My apologies they didn’t post in order.

Before / After labelled. The photo of the console mounted in truck is sideways, can’t turn it. The unlabelled photo of console and headrest is where I am at now, with the red removed.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Arctic_Ragtop; 04-27-2021 at 09:43 AM.

>>> I will post some photos and wait for your recommendation of products to purchase from you to do this job properly. I want to re-dye it the factory color and then use that dye on the seats as well. Thank you in advance.

Know the difference between ‘re-dye’ and ‘re-color’. Re-dye is using transparent dyestuff. Re-color is using opaque pigment color. Re-dye will bring out the beauty/flaws of the grain with the beauty of depth like most traditional wooden musical instruments. Re-color will cover up or block off both the beauty and the blemishes that will produce a ‘painted’ appearance.

The after picture, even if the color matches will NEVER look like the original.

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information