Thread: Blue marks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> I sprayed the hydrator when the surface is almost dry to repeat the wet process. The leather must stay wet right?

Tips:

Cover it airtight with Towel-5 for a "reverse-transfer" and see if the browning does transfer to the towel when dry.

Another possibility is to apply Vachetta-2.8
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/vachet...remover-2-8-1/

or
    LeatherTanninRemover-3.5
    https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...remover-3-5-1/
    Today mold appeared on the surface of the bag. If I use KillMold, will it remove the dark spots? Do I still need to recolour the bag? What do I need to take note when doing the KillMold treatment? Should I use a nylon brush or a cloth to rub into the leather?

Name:  ADDE9F38-592C-4177-966D-07F4E9A04B15.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  94.2 KBName:  E1F801CC-5735-486A-843E-0040628F5454.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  111.9 KB

>>> Today mold appeared on the surface of the bag. If I use KillMold, will it remove the dark spots?

Dark spots are the sinking pits or roots-system the mold has digested or created. KillMold-3.6 is developed for preventing mold growth in warm and humid environments.

>>> Do I still need to recolour the bag?
    Recoloring is an option.

>>> What do I need to take note of when doing the KillMold treatment? Should I use a nylon brush or a cloth to rub into the leather?

Avoid breathing the mist. I would transfer to a small container and dip the horsehair brush for application to be absorbed into the leather with an even appearance.

>>> Today mold appeared on the surface of the bag. If I use KillMold, will it remove the dark spots?

Dark spots are the sinking pits or roots-system the mold has digested or created. KillMold-3.6 is developed for preventing mold growth in warm and humid environments.

Recoloring is an option.

>>> What do I need to take note of when doing the KillMold treatment? Should I use a nylon brush or a cloth to rub into the leather?

Avoid breathing the mist. I would transfer to a small container and dip the horsehair brush for application to be absorbed into the leather with an even appearance.
    Thank you. That’s helpful. I was about to spray the KillMold.

Also, how do I know if I have applied enough on the leather? Will the dark spots lighten?

How many rounds of KillMold can I apply?
    Last edited by baglover; 04-23-2021 at 02:24 AM.

Recoloring is an option.

What is the process for KillMold? Do I need to follow with Rinse, Hydrator, Fatliquor etc.?

>>> What is the process for KillMold? Do I need to follow with Rinse, Hydrator, Fatliquor etc.?

KillMold-3.6 is applied to be absorbed with an even appearance, and follows with rejuvenating the leather with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 as a collective "wet-process".

>>> What is the process for KillMold? Do I need to follow with Rinse, Hydrator, Fatliquor etc.?

KillMold-3.6 is applied to be absorbed with an even appearance, and follows with rejuvenating the leather with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 as a collective "wet-process".
    Thank you.

The dark spots don’t seem to lighten. Would it help if I use a brush to agitate until the black colour comes out? I’ve tried a little of CleanDye but it doesn’t help.

>>> Would it help if I use a brush to agitate until the black colour comes out?

If you examine carefully even with a magnifying glass, you would probably see that the black color is below the surface. There are also no proven methods to lighten up the dark spots. It is the same with our skins with its natural speckles, that once it is there will remain quite permanently.

>>> Would it help if I use a brush to agitate until the black colour comes out?

If you examine carefully even with a magnifying glass, you would probably see that the black color is below the surface. There are also no proven methods to lighten up the dark spots. It is the same with our skins with its natural speckles, that once it is there will remain quite permanently.
    I’ve applied 5 rounds of KillMold -> hydrator - fatliquor. There’s a patch that seems to increase in size, now I can see the white cardboard inside the leather. How do I make the mold stop growing?
    Name:  3FA601C1-00DD-4522-8418-B02CE2F090D5.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  81.5 KB

Thread Information