Thread: Hydrator/fatliquor marks after drying

Default Hydrator/fatliquor marks after drying

Hi Roger,

A bag base had these cling wrap marks after the hydrator/fatliquor has dried over the weekend. How do I remove the uneven shiny parts?

Name:  7C8AE582-9497-4A3A-B7F3-B697B32F5186.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  117.6 KB

>>> How do I remove the uneven shiny parts?

Use LeatherDyeRemover-7.9
    (Note: Test first that original leather dye is not removed prior to use on foreign dyestuff).

Product Description:
    LeatherDyeRemover-7.9 (pH value of 7.9) by Leather Doctor is a water-based formulation for dye stain removal. Especially effective on new blue jeans dye transfer onto leather and suede surface. This is a pH 7.9 high viscosity dyestuff remover that works by dwell-time allowing its superior penetrating, lubricating, and suspending power to do its work thus reduce unnecessary physical rubbing that may do more finishing damages to non-absorbent leathers. Absorbent leather and suede are to use a quick dry agitation with a lightly saturated cotton bud, pad, or cloth to avoid unnecessary product absorption by the leather and suede. As dyestuff is reverse-transfer, turn or change to new application and repeat until the stain is satisfactorily removed. The leather pH value of 3 to 5 needs to be balanced back from pH 7.9 exposure, especially the absorbent leather and suede and sticky residue removed with Acidifier-2.0 as a holistic leather and suede safe dye stain removal process. Prior damaged topcoat that affects the luster level is rectified according to the appropriate topcoat like MicroTop-54G, AnilineTop-76G, etc. Rub-resistant preventive care with Protector-B, D, W, or S is the final application to satisfied the tactile feel and an option with the classical scent of leather.

Absorbent Leather and Suede Instruction:
    1- Transfer CleanDye-7.9 to lightly damp cotton bud, pad, or towel.
    2- Lightly agitate the dye stain and observe the cotton bud.
    3- If the dye is transfer to the cotton bud, repeat the entire stain area accordingly to satisfaction.
    4- pH balance and rinse sticky residue with Acidifier-2.0
    5- AnilineTop-76 in gloss or satin is an option for refinishing.
    6- Protector-B or B+ (classic leather scent) helps reduce friction rubs dye transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> How do I remove the uneven shiny parts?

Use LeatherDyeRemover-7.9
    (Note: Test first that original leather dye is not removed prior to use on foreign dyestuff).

Product Description:
    LeatherDyeRemover-7.9 (pH value of 7.9) by Leather Doctor is a water-based formulation for dye stain removal. Especially effective on new blue jeans dye transfer onto leather and suede surface. This is a pH 7.9 high viscosity dyestuff remover that works by dwell-time allowing its superior penetrating, lubricating, and suspending power to do its work thus reduce unnecessary physical rubbing that may do more finishing damages to non-absorbent leathers. Absorbent leather and suede are to use a quick dry agitation with a lightly saturated cotton bud, pad, or cloth to avoid unnecessary product absorption by the leather and suede. As dyestuff is reverse-transfer, turn or change to new application and repeat until the stain is satisfactorily removed. The leather pH value of 3 to 5 needs to be balanced back from pH 7.9 exposure, especially the absorbent leather and suede and sticky residue removed with Acidifier-2.0 as a holistic leather and suede safe dye stain removal process. Prior damaged topcoat that affects the luster level is rectified according to the appropriate topcoat like MicroTop-54G, AnilineTop-76G, etc. Rub-resistant preventive care with Protector-B, D, W, or S is the final application to satisfied the tactile feel and an option with the classical scent of leather.

Absorbent Leather and Suede Instruction:
    1- Transfer CleanDye-7.9 to lightly damp cotton bud, pad, or towel.
    2- Lightly agitate the dye stain and observe the cotton bud.
    3- If the dye is transfer to the cotton bud, repeat the entire stain area accordingly to satisfaction.
    4- pH balance and rinse sticky residue with Acidifier-2.0
    5- AnilineTop-76 in gloss or satin is an option for refinishing.
    6- Protector-B or B+ (classic leather scent) helps reduce friction rubs dye transfer.
    Is it because this is semi-aniline leather instead of aniline? Using hydrator alone is enough to clean the marks off a lambskin leather bag.

>>> Is it because this is semi-aniline leather instead of aniline? Using hydrator alone is enough to clean the marks off a lambskin leather bag.

So you have solve the stain mark with Hydrator-3.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> Is it because this is semi-aniline leather instead of aniline? Using hydrator alone is enough to clean the marks off a lambskin leather bag.

So you have solve the stain mark with Hydrator-3.3?
    I haven’t received the Dye Remover yet. The mark on aniline lambskin (Chanel) can be easily removed with hydrator. This didn’t work for this semi-aniline (I think) lambskin. Maybe I haven’t used enough hydrator? I used diluted stripper and it works. Otherwise I’ll wait for the Dye Remover...

OK, Thanks for the feedback.

Do you forget to post the final result of your other projects

Thread Information