Thread: Fading & Drying 10-year old leather chair and ottoman

Default Fading & Drying 10-year old leather chair and ottoman

Hi Roger,
    Here is the chair and ottoman that is not as soft as it used to be, I am guessing i just need LeatherFatliquor-5.0 for this but I will wait for your response.
    I forgot to mention that the color is somewhat lighter than it was when new, any easy solution on restoring the color?

When I put a drop of water directly on the leather it turns dark in seconds. You can see in the pictures.
    Name:  20210124_180844.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  73.3 KBName:  20210124_180848.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  104.3 KBName:  20210124_180929.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  89.8 KBName:  20210124_180935.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  120.4 KB

Any help would be much appreciated.

--Rick

>>> Here is the chair and ottoman that is not as soft as it used to be, I am guessing i just need LeatherFatliquor-5.0 for this but I will wait for your response.

Yes, Fatliquor-5.0 will return the leather structure with softness and strength. It will need Hydrator-3.3 to relax the dried leather and separate the fiber structure before the “Fatliquor-5.0 can reach each and every fiber to plump it with fat and lubricate with oil. Prior to the leather rejuvenating system with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3. The soiling has first to be removed.

>>> I forgot to mention that the color is somewhat lighter than it was when new, any easy solution on restoring the color?

The color dyestuff from within the thickness of the leather structure can be reactivated and redistributed to the surface with deep hydration with Hydrator-3.3. Because of the diminishing original fatliquor the appearance lightens too, Thus a replenishing of the fatliquor will deepen the color saturation. On top of the diminishing fatliquor, the fashion wax pull-up is also diminished and needs to be replenished with EffectWax-8.6 as well. Refinishing a fresh gloss topcoat will also help to restore the original gloss. Redyeing is the last option for your consideration if you wish to further restore the color appearance.

Read more Leather Aniline Wax Pull-up Topcoat Refinishing Kit-Aw6.tc
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 12.16.31 PM.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  80.9 KB

https://www.leatherdoctor.com/leathe...ng-kit-aw6-tc/

Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information