Thread: Stickley leather chairs bad reaction to acidifier and rinse 3.0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stickley leather chairs bad reaction to acidifier and rinse 3.0

Hello,
    I started to restore the chairs by using the degreaser. The chair arms were whitish and dry. They loved the degreaser, they browed up and got shinier. Then I began to rinse with acidifier 2.0 and rinse 3.0. Some brown dye came up on the towel, not much. But the leather turned white and very suede-like. It is alarming. Should I keep going or just use the degreaser and let that dry? I was agitating with the small brush lightly.

I am not sure what to do next. I fear I have caused more damage to the chair. Should I go to fatliquor next? Should I try to continue to clean the sweat/grease/stains? If I could have the leather back to a nice texture even with a few stains, I would be happy. Please tell me how to restore the texture and feel of the leather. Thank you.

I have attached a few pictures of the chair before I started and then (what shows up as the first picture below, close up of the arm) a picture of a close up of how the leather turned white and sueded after I used the rinser and acidifier.

Thanks,
    Kate
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thread Information