Thread: 2018 Stain & Wear

Default 2018 Stain & Wear

I have been looking for days, and luckily cam across this forum. Hoping you might be able to help.

First 2 pics are of a stain from underneath my kids carseat. i'm thinking maybe ice cream, slurpee, fruit punch, but not 100% sure. I tried cleaning with a leather cleaner and but did not really help.
    Name:  Stain1.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  188.7 KB

Name:  stain2.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  130.0 KB

Next pic is of some general wear from getting in and out of the truck
    Name:  wear.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  93.3 KB

>>> First 2 pics are of a stain from underneath my kids carseat. i'm thinking maybe ice cream, slurpee, fruit punch, but not 100% sure.

This could be dyes from foodstuff or an alkaline solution that makes the dyestuff from the leather structure to migrate upwards. And by the pattern of the stains, it's more of the latter of the migrating stain from beneath.

Dye Stain removal is performed with LeatherDyeRemover-7.9 and pH balanced with Acidific-2.0 in a rinse combination. The method of removal is by “reverse-transfer” so that little or non physical agitation is used to damage the finishing coatings. The product is applied to both the stain and Towel-5 for a direct contact so that the penetrated, lubricated and suspended dyestuff is transferred to the more absorbent Towel-5. The working of the products will take time and is evident when the Towel-5 absorbed the stains. The leather surface is wiped and a new application with the applied Towel-5 is put to work again until all the stains are reverse-transferred to the Towel-5 to be lifted off clean. Note that the pH neutral of leather is between 3 and 5. And the leather structure and reverse is suede, so any products not meant for suede are not safe for leather. The leather doctor product is science based, and the suffix number represents the product pH value. Thus Acidifier-2.0 has a pH value of 2.0

>>> Next pic is of some general wear from getting in and out of the truck.

Leather finishes wear is associated with friction noise, to reduce wear is to reduce friction noise.

When leather is rub-resistance protected, it will give a buttery-feel and gliding, getting or sliding in and out of the leather seat is buttery smooth without friction. Product recommended is LeatherScentedProtected-B+. Without the leather scent is LeatherProtector-B.

>>> Next pic is of some general wear

These wears exposed the leather crust and very soon will develop into cracks as the fatliquor (fat and oil) evaporates from these wear areas.
    To rejuvenate or replenish the original fatliquor to that the leather remains supple from stiffness to reduce cracking when flexed is with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

Products mentioned are found in this Kit

Leather Perforated Auto Seat Ink and Dye Stain Remover - Kit-Ap7.di
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/leather...er-kit-ap7-di/

Name:  Kit-Ap7.di__43397.1555807889.220.290.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  19.6 KB

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Roger,

First off, thank you so much for the quick reply. I plan on purchasing the suggested kit this evening.

Couple of questions to make sure i understand you correctly...

1.) Regarding the stain:
    If i'm understanding you correctly, i should use LeatherDyeRemover-7.9 directly on the stain and also the Towel-5 until it is removed. Is this through a scrubbing motion, or something else? If not by scrubbing, can you provide a bit more detail on the "reverse transfer" you mention? When would i apply the Acidifier-2.0 ?

2.)Regarding the wear:
    Would i need to clean the seat first before using the method of Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3? If so, would that be the clean 3.8?

>>> If i'm understanding you correctly, i should use LeatherDyeRemover-7.9 directly on the stain and also the Towel-5 until it is removed. Is this through a scrubbing motion, or something else?

No physical agitation required, it works by penetration, lubrication and suspension of the stain.

>>> If not by scrubbing, can you provide a bit more detail on the "reverse transfer" you mention?

LeatherDyeRemover-7.9 is transferred to the LeatherBrush-1 and applied onto the stain avoiding squeezing the product into the perforated holes. Towel-5 is cut to the shape of the stain with half to one inches size larger. Saturated the entire cut out Towel-5 with LeatherDyeRemover-7.9 and placed it over the stain tightly without any air space in between. Let it sit for a day (or up to 3 days) for the dye stain to show on the Towel-5. With daily inspection to scrutinize the progress, when the Towel-5 is stained and the stained area needs further removal, the application process is repeated until the stain is satisfactorily removed.

>>> When would i apply the Acidifier-2.0 ?

When the stain is removed to satisfaction, Acidifier-2.0 is used to remove the sticky residue with the help of LeatherBrush-1. Acidifier-2.0 has a pH value of 2.0 and it will balance the pH 7.9 of the LeatherDyeRemover-7.9. When it is pH balanced it will result in s squeaky feel.

Thread Information