Thread: Treating and hydrading sunfaded black lambskin 2.55

Default Treating and hydrading sunfaded black lambskin 2.55

I have purchased Aniline Leather Care - Kit-A3 and have already completed a successful clean. I am currently using Hydrator 3.3 in order to complete the Dye Fading Rectification treatment, as my black vintage bag has faded a blueish colour over the years. I have had the bag wrapped in plastic for 8 hours and have already used half a bottle of Hydrator3.3.

The leather is now pretty limp, but I have noticed that the surface seems to be coming away and it is creating a strange pattern of peeling on the flap (see photos also for leather that has come away on the plastic wrap). Should I be worried?! Should I start Fatliquoring now? Really would love some advice!
    Thank you!Name:  IMG_0103.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  117.4 KBName:  IMG_0646.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  123.8 KBName:  IMG_3123.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  212.8 KBName:  IMG_8107.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  143.1 KB

>>> I have noticed that the surface seems to be coming away and it is creating a strange pattern of peeling on the flap (see photos also for leather that has come away on the plastic wrap). Should I be worried?!

Damp the surface again with Hydrator-3.3 brush with LeatherBrush-1 and wipe clean to even out appearance.

>>> Should I start Fatliquoring now?

If you are satisfied with the appearance you may begin Fatliquor-5.0 with multiple applications and allow the water content to evaporate in between drying.

>>> Really would love some advice!

AnilineTop-76G may be required to improve appearance from deteriorating topcoats inserted before Protector-B

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thanks Roger, I can't believe I just used a bristly brush to 'agitate' the top surface of the bag but I did. This is it now. The rest of the bag is improving better but the flap seems to be the problem area, probably because it gets the most sunlight. I sprayed with more Hydrator and have rewrapped. Do you think it looks better? Can I repeat this brushing to keep evening the tone whilst the Hydrator soaks in? This is now about 9 hours since I started so I understand I have to be patient and continue to let the Hydrator work for longer

Name:  IMG_5653.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  140.6 KB

>>> Dye Fading Rectification treatment

Are you satisfied with the progress of the "dye fading rectification treatment"?

>>> Do you think it looks better?

Do you have pictures before this Hydrator-3.3 treatment for comparison?
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-26-2020 at 01:26 PM.

>>> Can I repeat this brushing to keep evening the tone whilst the Hydrator soaks in?

Yes, use the horsehair LeatherBrush-1 (FORGET ABOUT THE PLASTIC WRAPPING) and wet brush off the unwanted pattern.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-26-2020 at 01:27 PM.

I sadly don't really have any photos from before, but the bag looked in better condition before, although I guess I am only part way. The bag was useable and I love wearing it. You can see from this photo that the flap where the scaly debris was developing (which I have brushed most off) is now dull and very matte. I can't seem to get the texture even. Will the Fatliquor restore any of the glossier finish? I am now waiting for the Hydrator to naturally dry before I add Fatliquor. Name:  IMG_0730.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  111.3 KB

>>> You can see from this photo that the flap where the scaly debris was developing (which I have brushed most off) is now dull and very matte.

This scaly debris is the deteriorating topcoat that will need to be refinished with AnilineTop-76G. You can continue to brush it off with LeatherBrush-1 and using LeatherEraser-4 is more effective. You may continue to do so during the Fatliquor-5.0 application to remove them all to an even appearance.

>>> Will the Fatliquor restore any of the glossier finish?

Only AnilineTop-76G will restore back the gloss finish.

>>> I am now waiting for the Hydrator to naturally dry before I add Fatliquor.

Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrartor-3.3 is a continuous wet process - DO NOT LET DRY until the end of Fatliquor-.50.

Apply the Fatliquor-5.0 a few times, brushing off and erasing off the deteriorated topcoat at the same time, otherwise you may need Stripper-2.3 to do so.

For your reading about Hydrator-3.3 for Dye Fading Rectification . . .

E - Dye Fading Rectification: Vat-dyed leathers or aniline dyed leathers is subject to sun fading. However, the dormant dyestuff may be activated to refresh the surface with LeatherHydrator-3.3. It will depend on the richness of the dormant dyestuff and the dwell time for the hydration to release the excess dyestuff to resurface, and the result may vary from the quality of the original dyeing process. This is done with sufficient hydration and dwell time up to 72hours. The common practice is as follows - Instruction . . . E1- The thickness of the leather is saturated or hydrated with LeatherHydrator-3.3 to an optimum level with moisture oozing out when gently pressed between thumb and fingers. E2- It is then cover up with plastic wrapping to control evaporation and let to dwell up to 72 hours for excess dyestuff to resurface. E3- The plastic covering is removed and let to naturally dry to observe color improvement. E4- With color refreshing satisfaction, the leather is lightly wet back with LeatherHydrator-3.3 again to relax its structure prior to fatliquoring. E5- Fatliquoring continues and is repeated with each almost drying cycle until saturation and is leave to slow natural drying. E6- Fatliquored dried surface residue is driven into the leather structure by brushing in conjunction with LeatherHydrator-3.3 until milky residue if any turns crystal clear. E7- Surface clear moisture is extracted with a cotton towel until the towel shows dry. E8- Staking, stretching, massaging or cross flexing one more time before the leather is completely dried for the desired suppleness.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-26-2020 at 03:22 PM.

For your reading about Fatliquor-5.0

LeatherFatliquor-5.0 conditioner by Leather Doctor is an anionic negative (-ve) charged micro-emulsion of fat, oil, and water for rejuvenating all leather, and suede types. Leather fat-liquor conditioner is typically used in conjunction after LeatherHydrator-3.3 to relax and opening up the fibrous leather structure. Leather fat-liquor conditioner softens the leather when dry with stretch-ability, compress-ability, and flex-ability while enhancing its rip tensile strength greatly. Fat-liquor conditioner is for replenishing the original fat and oil that diminishes through sun bleaching, aging, heat and alkaline over-exposure or cleaning. On application, the water-encased molecule breaks free when ionic attraction takes place between the fat and oil with the leather protein fiber. The excess free water content wicks out leaving a breathing space behind for leather natural transpiration. The fat plumps the leather with fullness from easily collapsing into creases and wrinkles during stress or flex, while the oil lubricates the fibers so that they slide over one another smoothly like millions of inter-connecting hinges. Thus helps to keep leather at its optimum physical performance and prevent premature aging. This universal LeatherFatliquor-5.0 is for all leather types including pigmented, aniline, vachetta, nubuck, suede, hair-on-hide and woolskin. Size options are available in 'Fill' and 'Con'. Fill is concentrate in the bottle to be cut/mix and fills with distilled water prior to use to save on shipping. The 'Con' is concentrated to be cut/mix with distilled water at a ratio of 1: 5 prior use.

Leather Approximate Quantity or Percentage of Fat-liquor:
    The quantities of fat-liquor (fat and oil) contents retained in the leather after a universal tannery fat-liquoring process may vary up from 14% to 16% depending on the leather types and its usage. This percentage drops as the fat and oil content diminish or leaches through aging, water, heat or chemical overexposure. Leather rejuvenating or fat-liquor replenishing is base on the weight of the leather in relation to the percentage of remaining fat-liquor. A simple calculation of percentage of fat-liquor topping up requirement would be as follows: If the weight of the leather in question is 100gm and fat-liquor (fat and oil) content meter reading is less than 1%. By applying 80gm of Fatliquor-5.0 to it will deliver an end result incremental of 13.3% fat-liquor when dry as the 66.6% water contents evaporate. In the leather rejuvenating Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system, Hydrator-3.3 plays an important role by relaxing, opening up the inter-fibrillary spaces, facilitating and redistributing colloidal water movement, protonating and doing all the pre-conditioning work prior to fat-liquoring including cleaning up any excess surface remnants to have a sticky-free surface. In practice, with severe dryness, the ratio for LeatherHydrator-3.3 is 2 to 1 of LeatherFatliquor-5.0. It works out to be approximately 160gm of LeatherHydrator-3.3 plus 80gm of LeatherFatliquor-5.0 to replenish a 100gm dry leather from less than 1% back to the original tannery up from 14% to 16% fat-liquor content. In every bottle of LeatherFatliquor-5.0 by weight content is comprises of 16.66% ionic negative (-ve) charged fat and oil, and 83.33% of water, the water content that encased the fat and oil molecule in an emulsion suspension when hydrogen bond with the ionic positive (+ve) leather protein fiber will break free and discharged clear from the leather structure to the surface.

Instruction:

1- Warm-up and shake well to a full emulsion for better penetration.

2- Apply LeatherFatliquor-5.0 conditioner and redistribute with foam brush until saturation.

3- Repeat applications each time water contents evaporate until fully saturated.

4- Drive remaining surface remnants free of milky fat and oil until it turns clear with LeatherHydrator-3.3.

5- Allow natural drying for extra softness.

6- Suppleness of leathers is further stake or massage or flex accordingly with a little wet back with LeatherHydrator-3.3.

Caution:

Insufficient fat-liquoring (fat and oil) content may suffer cracking from staking, massaging or flexing.

Tips:

1 When crispy dry, prior surface contamination/damages may darken as soiling particulates resurface.

2 Removes soiling particulates with Eraser-4 for all leathers including nubuck and Eraser-5 for suede.

3 Stretching the darken areas lightly will also lighten the appearance.

Frequent Asked Questions:

>>> I finally got around to looking at the instructions to begin to apply my LeatherHydrator-3.3 > LeatherFatliquor-5.0 > LeatherHydrator-3.3 application. I must say, the instructions are quite extensive, a little confusing and I'm sure a lot that doesn't apply to my application. Again, I am trying to remove some wrinkles on a seat bolster in a car that is only 6 years old. So the leather I would imagine is the way it is from stress and not from age. Would you be able to tell me in simple, layman terms how you would recommend going about applying to achieve the results I am looking for? It would be greatly appreciated.

With the LeatherHydrator-3.3 > LeatherFatliquor-5.0 > LeatherHydrator-3.3 system you may start with:

1- Apply the LeatherHydrator-3.3 and use a horsehair brush or equivalent to remove surface soiling and extract with a white cotton terry towel until towel shows clean.

2- Apply LeatherHydrator-3.3 with the poly brush and let it absorbed into the leather structure - keep on apply as long as it gets soaks in.

3- Use a cling wrapper to control evaporation and leave it there up to 72hrs or shorter duration to soften up the leather structure. There should be a little moisture oozing out when press with fingers and thumb to have the hydration at its optimum level during this dwell time - may it long or short.

4- When the leather structure is limp and soft, the cling wrapper is removed and wick-up soiling is extracted with a towel until the towel shows clean.

5- While still damp, LeatherFatliquor-5.0 is applied with the same poly brush to be fully absorbed by the leather structure. In each application cycle, 83.33% of the fat-liquor water content needs to be evaporated. It is the fat and oil contents that are essential to supple up the leather, the fat plumps the leather and the oil lubricates for softness. When the last application pools on the surface will indicate sufficient absorption and end the application.

6- The leather is left for slow natural drying and surface shine is removed with LeatherHydrator-3.3 until any milky residue is removed off the surface.

7- The seat can be used immediately by placing a towel over it.

8- It is also recommended that the seat be used from almost dry to dry to produce extra softness to the leather with strength.

>>> I have been keeping the zebra damp and applying fat-liquor with distilled water the last couple of days...it is pretty sodden and now looking white when I brush the fat-liquor solution over it which means to me that it is not sinking in anymore . . .

Before any application of LeatherFatliquor-5.0, the total existing combination of liquid content has to be reduced to about 25% through slow drying, thus have the capacity to received further LeatherFatliquor-5.0 in a repeated cycle to accumulate a total of about 15% of fat and oil when dry.

>>> I presume I now need the hydration to assist the fat-liquor to be absorbed??

By adding further Hydrator-3.3 on a fully saturated hide does not help the Fatliquor-5.0 to be absorbed. It is allowing the excess liquid to evaporate allowing further LeatherFatliquor-5.0 to be absorbed instead.

>>> It seems to be more fragile with being so moist should I let it dry out again in view of the fact the hydrator may not arrive until next week?? Should I then just massage the hydrator over the hide before attempting to use more fat-liquor?

Sounds like the hide is sufficiently relaxed, let the liquid content evaporate up to 25% dryness and begin introducing LeatherFatliquor-5.0 once more in a repeated cycle.

The Lazarus Effect 5 Star Review
    Product Reviews - Posted by Larry Bauman on 31st Jul 2017

This product revived my 40-year-old Sheepskin coat that cracked at the touch of it after applying another company's 'Restoration' product. That other product ruined my coat, and I was about to throw it away but took a chance on the Leather Doctor. After applying Leather Hydrator-3.3, I saw an immediate change. I then continued with the LeatherFatliquor 5.0 and was shocked to see the change. My coat is now as soft and supple as it was when I purchased it in 1975! Don't even take a chance on valuable leathers with other companies' products, this one will amaze you with its results.

>>> where the scaly debris was developing (which I have brushed most off) is now dull and very matte.

Dull and matte is restored with Anilinetop-76G found in this Kit-A6.tc
    Name:  kit-A6.tc__90161.1566669661.220.290.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  23.0 KB

Leather Doctor® Kit A6.tc, aniline leather topcoat refinishing kit is designed for topcoat repairs from friction wear, accidental scratch, scuff and abrasion to deteriorating greasy sweat stains. These topcoat damages are identified as white, dull or darkening stain from bare body contacts. Accidental whitish damages in most cases are free of soiling and direct AnilineTop-21G (AnilineTop-76G is a heavy-duty option) application within between dry sanding rectifies most damages. Repairs to topcoat from daily wears that dull will require degreasing to remove penetrated rub-in soiling prior to topcoat application in a sequence process including Degreaser-2.2 follows with Rinse-3.0; Hydrator-3.3 follows with Fatliquor-5.0 prior to topcoat application. In a greasy and sweaty topcoat damaged areas especially to the headrest and armrest, deep degreasing is essential follows with Acidifier-2.0 to stabilize the hydrogen bonding between the protein fibers with the other leather constituent like the tanning agent, dyestuff and fatliquor. This deep degreasing process is assisted by leather Eraser-4 in both the wet and dry cleaning process to remove soiling particulates off the leather surface. Hydrator-3.3 helps in the colloidal water movement bringing suspended soiling particulates to resurface through a dwelling and wicking process. Fat and oil are replenished by Fatliquor-5.0 in an emulsion form to penetrate into the leather structure. Once the fat and oil is hydrogen bond with the protein fiber, the water content breaks free leaving breathing space for natural transpiration. The fat plumps the leather with fullness preventing the leather structure from collapsing during compressing and flexing while the oil lubricates the fiber from sliding smoothly over one another like millions of connecting hinges. Protector-B imparts a non-stick, rub-resistant surface with a buttery feel helps reduce friction wear to the topcoat and extended a high level of appearance for a longer period of time. When the leather is contaminated with foreign soiling, it is essential to look at topcoat refinishing in a holistic approach. Note that the cleaning and rejuvenating products suffix denotes its pH value in this leather-safe aniline leathers topcoat refinishing system. This kit is packed with concentrates in the bottle to save on shipping rates, thus it will need to be cut or mix with distilled water prior to use.

Kit Options:

Topcoat Application – Heavy-AnilineTop-76G has a higher solid content for building up a gloss luster faster than the AnilineTop-21G.

Topcoat Size – self-explanatory.

Topcoat Refinishing Instruction:

Leather Doctor Kit-A6.tc Wet Process is a continuous system that includes the working sequence of Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Rinse-3.0 > Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0. The leather is at a continuous wet stage of about 25% total moisture measured with a moisture meter or wipes with a cotton terry towel until it is dry through the product applications. It is then left to slow natural dry and when almost dry a little stretching to dry produces the softest leather, in terms of suppleness and strength. The dry process begins with Eraser-4 to remove wick-up surface residues. AnilineTop-76G is applied with foam brush, varnishing brushes, padding or by airbrushing. Recommend that a little practice on a piece of leather scrap to familiar with characteristics prior to actual application. Sand2000 may be an option to use in-between coatings. Sanding on the leather crust alone is not recommended. Protector-B/B+ is the end of the Dry Process.

Degreasing: Removing of surface and penetrated grease is essential for a good bonding topcoat, just like any other refinishing work base on the same principle. However, amphoteric protein leather material is especially pH-sensitive, leather pH value of 3 to 5 should be maintained at all time during the degreasing process. Otherwise, high pH value bleeds the dyestuff and displaced it with blotchiness. High pH or alkalinity degreaser denatures the leather when the tanning agents leaches out result in tackiness and in worst case sliminess. All degreasing process will also dry up the original fatliquor to a degree and high pH value does more harm in drying up the leather. When degreasing existing cracks or dried leathers of fatliquor contents below 7% (read with a leather moisture meter), it is recommended that hydrating it with Hydrator-3.3 prior to Fatliquor-5.0 first to top-up the fatliquor content up to the original 14% prior to degreasing. This pre leather rejuvenating helps prevent over-drying of the leather during the degreasing process that may accentuate or magnifies existing cracks. Degreaser-2.2 is a dual-purpose formulation with a pH value of 2.2 to safely degreasing the leather surface and penetrated soiling, while charging the protein fiber ionic positive (+ve) below its iso electric-point or pH neutral or pI for an increase hydrogen bonding with the other ionic negative (-ve) leather constituents like the tanning agents, dyestuff and fatliquor. Instruction . . . 1- Apply Degreaser-2.2 after shaking it well, saturating sufficiently where apparent body contact soiling is evident and feather out to less body contact soiling areas. 2- Leather Eraser-4 is used for better traction without the risk of scratching the finishes. 3- Horsehair Brush-1 is used for stitching rows, welting, groves, creases, and wrinkles, 4- Emulsified and suspended soiling is extracted with a dry cotton terry towel until it shows clean.

pH-Balancing: Dye bleeding and or tackiness during the wet cleaning process manifested from unknown previous cleaning will need further pH-balancing with Acidifier-2.0. With a pH-2.0 treatment, the amphoteric leather protein fiber will increase its ionic positive (+ve) charge in relation to the other ionic negative (-ve) leather constituents, restoring its pH chemistry integrity. Instruction . . . 1- Apply Acidifier-2.0, let dwell and before it dries towel extracted. 2- Towel is check for signs of bleeding and surface check for tackiness. 3- Advanced treatment is allowed for a longer dwell with control plastic covering and inspect for satisfaction thereafter.

Rinsing: Rinsing ensures a residue-free surface. Instruction . . . 1- Apply Rinse-3.0 agitates with Eraser-4 and Brush-1 and terry towel extract until the towel shows clean.

Hydrating: Hydrating is introducing the leather-safe surface-active agent to penetrate, relax and separate the stick together fibers from locking up shrunk, creases and wrinkles stiffness. The leather may dwell up to 72hrs while seal with plastic cling wrapper to control evaporation until the leather is plumped or limped or softened to be stretch or manipulated crosswise to satisfaction. Instruction . . . 1- Apply Hydrator-3.3 for an even appearance and fully saturated to relax out the leather structure to satisfaction. 2- When leather is almost dry or about 25% total moisture content Fatliquor-5.0 replenishing commences.

Fatliquoring: Fatliquoring is the process of replenishing original fatliquor content up to its formal tannery standard of 14% when dry. The fat and oil encased water molecule when ionic attracted by the protein leather fiber breaks free and evaporates leaving breathing space for natural leather transpiration to take place for seating comfort. The fat plumps the leather for fullness when dry and the oil lubricates the millions of interconnecting like hinges for suppleness without cracking when the leather is flexed from used. Instruction . . . 1- Apply Fatliquor-5.0 and spread for an even appearance until fully saturated. 2- Before the leather is completely dry or about 25% moisture level more is applied until saturated again. 3- When dry for use, the leather moisture content may be read with a leather moisture meter or an equivalent moisture meter to about 14%.

Fatliquor-Free Surfacing: Surface Fatliquor-5.0 residue if any is removed with Hydrator-3.3 driving all surface residues below surface. Remember that Fatliquor-5.0 is a structural conditioner and not suppose to remain on the surface. Instruction . . . 1- Surface is sprayed with Hydrator-3.3 and work with horsehair Brush-1 until cloudy moisture if any turns clear.

Topcoating: AnilineTop-21/76G is a waterbased polyurethane topcoat that is lightfast and non-yellowing. It has excellent flow and leveling properties, recoatable and forms a flexible film coat that gives good performing results from friction wear. Instruction . . . 1- Application is either with foamBrush-3, Towel-5 or fine airbrushing to produce professional results. 2- Streaking or drippings if any is immediately corrected with a lint-free towel like Towel-5. 3- Sanding with a 2000grit in between coats improves the feel and touch of the finishes. 4- Gloss builds up with additional coatings.

Protection: Protector-B is a non-film forming, non-stick scentless (optional Protector-B+ for a classic leather scent) protector that enhances a natural buttery-feel. It imparts a non-stick breathable barrier essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling. Its natural buttery-feel protection increases the leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce stretch, scuff, and abrasion. Instruction . . . 1- Shake well, mist spray and spread evenly with a foam brush. The leather is ready for use when dry.

Thanks for all of this advice Roger! I completed the Fatliquor with Hydrator and finished with Protector B and I am fairly happy with the colour as you can see! (the light in the photos was difficult to capture correctly, but the black is very much restored). But, the problem is now the uneven finish - the damaged topcoat only came off in sections as you can see from the matte areas on the top flap.

Name:  IMG_0245.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  144.8 KBName:  IMG_4728.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  100.6 KBName:  IMG_4729.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  74.1 KBName:  IMG_4730.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  73.5 KB

Now, I think I need to remove the top coat all over the and refinish again to get an even, glossy finish. I don't want to dye the bag (my confidence is growing but I'm not ready for that yet!!! And in any case I am pretty happy with the restored colour for now.)

So what extra products do I need to buy? I have plenty left of everything in the 'Aniline Leather Care - Kit-A3', except the Hydrator which is nearly empty. So I think I don't need to buy a whole new kit, but just Degreaser, Acidifier and Eraser? Plus another bottle of Hydrator. Is that correct?

One thing I have to mention is that there are two areas on the bag which were previously restored with a bonder. I don't want to interfere with this as I'm happy with how the areas were mended and I don't think I could do this job as well myself. I noticed when using Fatliquor that it is easy to see where the bonder has been used because the Fatliquor just sits on top and does not get absorbed or evaporate. The areas are very small and one is under the flap by the inner locking knob. Am I correct in thinking that I can leave these two small (really, very tiny, maybe 4mm x 2mm each) areas untouched during the stripping process?

Thank you!

>>> Now, I think I need to remove the topcoat all over the and refinish again to get an even, glossy finish.

The deteriorating topcoat is removed with Stripper-2.3 > Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 system. And refinished with AnilineTop-76G > Protector-B+.

>>> I don't want to dye the bag (my confidence is growing but I'm not ready for that yet!!! And in any case I am pretty happy with the restored colour for now.)

Applying the Adhesor-73, Aniline-76 black coating dyestuff and AnilineTop-76G skill level are the same, both applications are similar to the stripping of unwanted nail polish and a new nail polish refinishing. I used a soft face brush to apply both products.

The refinishing system is found in Aniline Leather Dye Refinishing - Kit-A7.cl and you may purchase individual items accordingly.
    Name:  DSC_0653__96591.1455004072.220.290.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  15.3 KB

http://www.leatherdoctor.com/aniline...ing-kit-a7-cl/

>>> One thing I have to mention is that there are two areas on the bag which were previously restored with a bonder.

Just in case you need repairs, use Bond-3D and Bond-7A.

Thanks for the advice Roger. I just want to check I am ordering the right things, as I don't need to purchase the whole kit. I will see how I feel when the dye arrives, but I will order it anyway in case I do want to dye it.

So I will order the following:

Stripper-2.3
    Degreaser-2.2
    Acidifier-2.0
    Aniline-76 (black)
    AnilineTop-76G (gloss-heavy-duty)
    Adhesor-73

In order to strip the top coat do I need anything else? I already have the Kit A3 and plenty left (I will also order another hydrator).

>>> In order to strip the top coat do I need anything else?

The LeatherEraser-4 is important to work with the Stripper-2.3 during the stripping process, besides the LeatherBrush-1. Hydrator-3.3 is used as rinse during the stripping process that continues with Fatliquor-5.0. Note that Stripper-2.3 will also dry up the leather of its fat and oil, thus will need another round of Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 leather rejuvenating process.

LeatherEraser-4 is also used during the dry preparation process when the leather is dry prior to Adhesor-73 and with Sand2000 to smooth out a touch of tactile feel.

A soft facial brush is ideal for applying the Adhesor-73, Aniline-76, and AnilineTop-76G.

I just made another order including the Eraser-4. Looking forward to receive it and complete the restoration! Thanks Roger!

Thread Information