Thread: Treating and hydrading sunfaded black lambskin 2.55

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Treating and hydrading sunfaded black lambskin 2.55

I have purchased Aniline Leather Care - Kit-A3 and have already completed a successful clean. I am currently using Hydrator 3.3 in order to complete the Dye Fading Rectification treatment, as my black vintage bag has faded a blueish colour over the years. I have had the bag wrapped in plastic for 8 hours and have already used half a bottle of Hydrator3.3.

The leather is now pretty limp, but I have noticed that the surface seems to be coming away and it is creating a strange pattern of peeling on the flap (see photos also for leather that has come away on the plastic wrap). Should I be worried?! Should I start Fatliquoring now? Really would love some advice!
    Thank you!Name:  IMG_0103.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  117.4 KBName:  IMG_0646.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  123.8 KBName:  IMG_3123.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  212.8 KBName:  IMG_8107.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  143.1 KB

>>> I have noticed that the surface seems to be coming away and it is creating a strange pattern of peeling on the flap (see photos also for leather that has come away on the plastic wrap). Should I be worried?!

Damp the surface again with Hydrator-3.3 brush with LeatherBrush-1 and wipe clean to even out appearance.

>>> Should I start Fatliquoring now?

If you are satisfied with the appearance you may begin Fatliquor-5.0 with multiple applications and allow the water content to evaporate in between drying.

>>> Really would love some advice!

AnilineTop-76G may be required to improve appearance from deteriorating topcoats inserted before Protector-B

Name:  rogerIcon.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  4.8 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thanks Roger, I can't believe I just used a bristly brush to 'agitate' the top surface of the bag but I did. This is it now. The rest of the bag is improving better but the flap seems to be the problem area, probably because it gets the most sunlight. I sprayed with more Hydrator and have rewrapped. Do you think it looks better? Can I repeat this brushing to keep evening the tone whilst the Hydrator soaks in? This is now about 9 hours since I started so I understand I have to be patient and continue to let the Hydrator work for longer

Name:  IMG_5653.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  140.6 KB

>>> Dye Fading Rectification treatment

Are you satisfied with the progress of the "dye fading rectification treatment"?

>>> Do you think it looks better?

Do you have pictures before this Hydrator-3.3 treatment for comparison?
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-26-2020 at 01:26 PM.

>>> Can I repeat this brushing to keep evening the tone whilst the Hydrator soaks in?

Yes, use the horsehair LeatherBrush-1 (FORGET ABOUT THE PLASTIC WRAPPING) and wet brush off the unwanted pattern.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 03-26-2020 at 01:27 PM.

I sadly don't really have any photos from before, but the bag looked in better condition before, although I guess I am only part way. The bag was useable and I love wearing it. You can see from this photo that the flap where the scaly debris was developing (which I have brushed most off) is now dull and very matte. I can't seem to get the texture even. Will the Fatliquor restore any of the glossier finish? I am now waiting for the Hydrator to naturally dry before I add Fatliquor. Name:  IMG_0730.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  111.3 KB

Thread Information