Thread: Louis Vuitton Tarnish Stain and Ink Stain Removal

Default Louis Vuitton Tarnish Stain and Ink Stain Removal

Hi Roger,
    I’m requesting your professional opinion as to how to correct this problem with my Louis Vuitton bag pleasesee the picture below. Unfortunately I took the advice of online forums as to how to correct a tarnish stain on my bag. The outcome created some scuffing and discoloration I’ve read your forum but not exactly sure how to proceed with the correction. The first photo was the tarnish stain
    I used baby wipes pure 99.9% water then I used magic eraser and a leather gum eraser.
    same procedure used on the ink stain. I would be forever grateful if you could give me the formula for correcting both issues. Thank you for your help!
    Best,
    Louise

Tarnish Stain
    Name:  LouisVuittonTarnishStain.jpg
Views: 1128
Size:  124.5 KB

Ink Stain
    Name:  LouisVuittonInkStrain.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  177.5 KB

>>> how to correct a tarnish stain on my bag and how to remove an ink stain . . .

Both tarnish and ink stain are removed with this Vachetta Leather Browning/Dye/Grease/Ink/Tarnish Removal Kit-V6
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/vachett...emover-kit-v6/

Name:  Kit-V6_reduce800__48842.1549423528.220.290.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  20.6 KB

This is how ‘original’ untouched tarnish stain is removed.

Step-1 Use a cotton swab soak with VachettaBrowningRemover-2.8 and apply directly onto the dry stain surface.

Step-2 Leave it to natural drying and see the stain vanish away.

Step-3 Repeat application to satisfaction.

Step-4 This application will also lighten up any age or browning surface, thus the entire panel is applied to have a similar lighter appearance.

Note:
    Grease areas may resume with LeatherDegreaser-2.2 > LeatherAcidifier-2.0 and continue while the leather is damp with LeatherHydrator-3.3 > LeatherFatliquor-5.0 > LeatherHydrator-3.3 system. This degreasing and fatliquoring is known as the ‘wet-system’ and only allows the leather to dry after LeatherFatliquor-5.0. Otherwise the leather will stiff up and when flex might crack. When almost dry just massage and flex it to dry and the leather will be supple.

This is how an ink stain is removed.

Step-1 Use a cotton swab and soak with LeatherPrep-4.4 and work over the ink stain to remove the gel of the ink.

Step-2 Use a cotton swab and soak with LeatherDyeCleaner-7.9 and work out the remaining dye residue.

Step-3 When the above 2 steps are performed to satisfaction use LeatherAcidifier-2.0 to rinse off any sticky residue.

Note:
    While the leather is still damp after towel extraction with satisfaction, leather rejuvenating with LeatherHydrator-3.3 > LeatherFatliquor-5.0 > LeatherHydrator-3.3 system follows.
    The leather is allowed for slow natural drying and before it dries massaging and flexing it to dry will produce a supple leather.

>>> The outcome created some scuffing and discoloration

Scuffing can only be improved with LeatherProtector-D to a certain degree. Whatever surface grain that is gone is gone. Discoloration is rectified with VachettaBrowningRemover-2.8

>>> baby wipes

Baby wipes pH value is alkaline, leather pH value is acidic. Thus the acidity of the baby wipes burns the leather browns. To revert the browning effect caused by Baby-Wipes, use VachettaLeatherPro-1.2 follows with LeatherAcidifier-2.0 to pH balance the adverse browning effect.

>>> used magic eraser
    Magic Eraser is an alkaline product and will also produce browning effect, to correct, use VachettaLeatherPro-1.2 follows with LeatherAcidifier-2.0 to pH balance the adverse browning effect.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 02-12-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Thread Information