Thread: Restoration Hardware Lancaster Sofa and Chair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> do I need more heat? I'm using low volume air with mid heat.

Yes, I use a heat blower, hair dryer will need higher setting
    Hey Roger I finished all bottles of anilinetop76g and the results are great. (Will post photos soon...)

Last question I had was on the reapplication of the topcoat. Can I overtime reapply the topcoat without having to redo the entire process?

One cushion is having a trouble with a strong topcoat bond. It began flaking slightly in the middle left and right corners. (where the leather bunches together when sitting).

Name:  wx_camera_1573955928882.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  39.6 KB

Please let me know, this cushion was especially hard when applying the topcoat.

Much appreciated. Have a nice evening.

>>> Last question I had was on the reapplication of the topcoat. Can I overtime reapply the topcoat without having to redo the entire process?

It depends how the topcoat is damaged, if by aging then the entire process is recommended. But if by accident that the topcoat need repairs, then the basic recommendation is Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Surfactant-3.6 > AnilineTop-76G > Protector-D/D+.

>>> One cushion is having a trouble with a strong topcoat bond. It began flaking slightly

Sanding to feather out the edges then follow this sequence: Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 > Surfactant-3.6 > AnilineTop-76G > Protector-D/D+.

>>> Please let me know, this cushion was especially hard when applying the topcoat.

Massaging it before Fatliquor-5.0 dries help to make the leather more supple.
    Last edited by Roger Koh; 11-18-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> Last question I had was on the reapplication of the topcoat. Can I overtime reapply the topcoat without having to redo the entire process?

It depends how the topcoat is damaged, if by aging then the entire process is recommended. But if by accident that the topcoat need repairs, then the basic recommendation is Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Surfactant-3.6 > AnilineTop-76G > Protector-D/D+.

>>> One cushion is having a trouble with a strong topcoat bond. It began flaking slightly

Sanding to feather out the edges then follow this sequence: Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 > Surfactant-3.6 > AnilineTop-76G > Protector-D/D+.

>>> Please let me know, this cushion was especially hard when applying the topcoat.

Massaging it before Fatliquor-5.0 dries help to make the leather more supple.
    Good afternoon Roger,

I will leave the topcoat as is for now. This project was extremely time-consuming.
    Name:  IMG_20191116_162432.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  110.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_20191116_162424_1.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  69.2 KB

Thread Information