Thread: Stained white lambskin to light pink? Which pigments to use

Default Stained white lambskin to light pink? Which pigments to use

Hi there, I have a white (is that semi aniline?) chanel classic flap in lambskin that has gotten quite dirty over the years. The leather is in good condition, it's just gone an icky grey colour. I would like to change the colour to a light pink. I know I will need white and red pigments but I'm not sure which product to use. Micro-54 or Napa-84? What is the most suited to lambskin and which will offer the most professional and authentic look and feel. I have an airbrush to apply it also if you recommend that.

Also what are the differences between the two? Is there one that is better for the leather than the other?

Thank you in advance!

>>> Hi there, I have a white (is that semi aniline?) chanel classic flap in lambskin.

White could either be “wet-white” or semi-aniline white. Wet-white is also know as “chrome-free” leather, its coloring comes from the tanning agent itself. Semi-aniline is micro-pigmented and when scratch will reveal a greyish-blue chrome tanned. I recommend to have a restorative cleaning prior to evaluate the appearance before jumping into dyeing it. I have restored a very dirty white “Prada” bag and it turned out beautifully. Let's see some pictures to identify the tanning and finish types to decide the option. Always have in mind to restore back to the original. Remember that the tactile-feel will be compromise with extra finishes.

Napa-84 allows the leather to breathe, and feels better than Micro-54. Napa-84 is applied by padding and have better coverage. If you do not like it, it is removed with Stripper-23.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Eye, Hair & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Thread Information