Thread: Possible Damage by Previous Lambskin Cleaning/ Dye Job

Question Possible Damage by Previous Lambskin Cleaning/ Dye Job

Hello there!

I purchased a pre-loved Chanel Cream double flap bag not that long ago. When I received the bag it felt rough over 90% of the exterior, but the interior was fairly soft. I suspect that someone dyed or boosted the color bc there is cream colored residue on the very bottom of the double C logo.

Perhaps stupidly, I used Chamberlains leather Liniment to help condition the leather. Was this the worst idea you've heard all day? How can I improve the feel of my Chanel?

Thank you for your time and I thank you for all of your past comments to other posts!

>>> I purchased a pre-loved Chanel Cream double flap bag not that long ago. When I received the bag it felt rough over 90% of the exterior, but the interior was fairly soft. I suspect that someone dyed or boosted the color bc there is cream colored residue on the very bottom of the double C logo.

To improve the feel of the leather, this add on color will need to be removed entirely. Cream color is an opaque pigment that makes the surface felt rough and loss its softness. Perhaps, it was a compromise to hide some staining or imperfection, and will only know when the coating is removed. To remove such coating will need Stripper-2.3
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/stripper-2-3/

>>> Perhaps stupidly, I used Chamberlains leather Liniment to help condition the leather. Was this the worst idea you've heard all day? How can I improve the feel of my Chanel?

There are two levels of conditioning, one is to condition the leather structure itself, with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.
    Surface conditioning to reduce friction rubs, sticky soiling and to impart a buttery-feel to the tactile touch is with Protector-B or the leather scented version Protector-B+

Show some pictures, so we can know what is the best approach.

You may want to consider refinishing it with Kit-A7.cl
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a7-...finishing-kit/
    Name:  Kit-A7.cl.JPG
Views: 761
Size:  15.3 KB

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com