Thread: I damaged this LV Mat Stockton bag with rubbing alcohol. Can it be repaired?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I damaged this LV Mat Stockton bag with rubbing alcohol. Can it be repaired?

I tried to remove a tiny mark from this LV grey mat Stockton bag. I used rubbing alcohol and hairspray. I made it much worse as you can see in the picture. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1903
Size:  1.51 MBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1759
Size:  1.43 MBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1685
Size:  1.41 MBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1903
Size:  1.51 MBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1759
Size:  1.43 MBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1685
Size:  1.41 MB

>>> I tried to remove a tiny mark from this LV grey mat Stockton bag. I used rubbing alcohol and hairspray. I made it much worse as you can see in the picture. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Vachetta leather is naked unfinished leather and any liquid will be absorbed into the leather structure, and may cause denaturing to the leather.
    Alcohol will dry up the fat and oil in the leather and cause the leather to be stiff and eventually cracks. The evaporated fatliquor (fat and oil) content will need to be replenished, to restore leather suppleness.

Hairspray, not only dries up the leather and stiff up the leather, the residue coat and darken the leather as well.

To rectify these mismatch products, the stain will need to be degreased with Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system. The stain removal with the help of LeatherEraser-4 for better traction is concentrated on the stain and feathers out entirely without leaving any dry ends.

Degreaser-2.2 will also remove a certain amount of fatliquor, thus replenishing with Hydrator-3.3
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/hydrator-3-3/
    > Fatliquor-5.0
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/fatliquor-5-0/
    > Hydrator-3.3 system will follow.
    When completely dry, Vachetta-2.8 is used to lighten up the aging UV and sun tanning effect.

Protector-D follows to impart a draggy-feel and also heal and seal any light scuffing.

Note: when the leather is full of fatliquor (fat and oil) when dry up to 15% will also help to reduce ingress of liquid stains

See this Kit-V4 - Vachetta Leather Darkening Removal Kit.
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-v4-...g-removal-kit/
    Name:  Kit-V4__73699.1474566814.220.290.JPG
Views: 1624
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com