Thread: Chanel lambskin

Default Chanel lambskin

I have this softest black Chanel lambskin bag that I'm afraid I have messes up terribly.

I saw some minor scuffing and shine loss on the back pocket of the bag, so I applied a liquid shoe shine on half of the back pocket to see if that helps with the shine, but it made the leather completely matte! So I tried to clean off the shoe liquid with Meltonian leather lotion and I’m afraid I used to much of the conditioner and now half of the back pocket is a matte color (as opposed to shiny like the other half) and feels very rough (I circled it in the pictures). It also feels a little moist. It feels like I have taken off the outer layer of the leather. Is there any way you can restore the shine and the soft feel of the lambskin on that half of the back pocket? There are also scuffing and abrasions on the corners of the bag.
    I'm a complete newbie on leather care and restoration, so please bear with me.
    Attached are some pictures, I circled the the damaged side of the back pocket.

Thanks in advance!

Name:  20190721_220133.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  140.1 KBName:  20190723_000919.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  131.9 KBName:  20190723_000727.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  104.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   

>>> I have this softest black Chanel lambskin bag that I'm afraid I have messes up terribly. I saw some minor scuffing and shine loss on the back pocket of the bag, so I applied a liquid shoe shine on half of the back pocket to see if that helps with the shine, but it made the leather completely matte! So I tried to clean off the shoe liquid with Meltonian leather lotion and I’m afraid I used to much of the conditioner and now half of the back pocket is a matte color (as opposed to shiny like the other half) and It also feels a little moist. It feels like I have taken off the outer layer of the leather.

Yes! You can restore the softness or suppleness, scuff, abrasion and shine with Leather Doctor Kit-A7.cl

Name:  Kit-A7.cl.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  15.3 KB
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-a7-...finishing-kit/

>>> feels very rough (I circled it in the pictures).

Roughness could possible be damages topcoat and using LeatherEraser-5 or LeatherEraser-6 will help to smooth it in conjunction with Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

>>> Is there any way you can restore . . . the soft feel of the lambskin on that half of the back pocket?

Leather texture softness or suppleness is restored with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.
    The tactile feel of the leather is restored with Protector-B or B+ to impart a soft and smooth buttery feel. And will feel better than a showroom piece for comparison if you go to any showroom to test it out.

>>> There are also scuffing and abrasions on the corners of the bag.

Scuffing and abrasions are skin damages that becomes suede or rough to the touch. To smooth out the repairs will need Adhesor-73. And matching with Aniline-76 black would restore the damages to a brand new appearance, better than surrounding areas. So, my recommendation is to restore the entire bag instead. Otherwise, the repairs will look new and the rest looks used.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin, Hair, Eye & Acne Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com

Thank you so much, Roger, for your reply!

So is the Kit-A7.cl - Aniline Leather Dye Refinishing Kit all that I need to restore this bag?
    The surrounding leather and still feels really soft, so do you still recommend me restoring the entire bag? Won't the product damage the leather if they are not damaged to begin with (my apologies if this is an ignorant question)?
    Will the products be safe for the hardware and not make it peel/change color, or anything?
    I'm terrified to do this, so can you walk me through this if I buy the kit and venture on doing this myself, instead of sending it in to a leather spa place?
    When I contacted a few places, they said that they will have to apply pigments to the bag (re-dye), but they also say that it will compromise the softness of the lambskin leather (makes it rougher), and that is what I don't want.

I am the service provider for “Chanel Boutique” Holt Renfrew, 737 Dunsmuir St. Vancouver.
    And if you send it to them, they will send it to me.
    I work for them based on the products used and the time based on US$99/- an hour.
    All the sales staff knows the quality of my work, and may even match better than their originals.
    This is how much confidence the “Chanel Boutique” have on my system.
    If you are terrified with the idea, I am happy to restore it for you.

Wow, that's so awesome that you're the one Chanel send their products to. I'd love for you to fix my bag, but I wish you are located in the US instead of Canada, that would make it so much easier. Can you private message me the costs for you to restore this bag?

If I understand correctly, I have to strip all the layers off the bag and then apply the Aniline-76 black so that the color and shine will be even?
    Can you advice how to correctly apply Aniline-76? Do I have to buy a special tool to do this evenly? Like I said, I'm a total novice when it comes to this.
    Thank you!

I have bag, garment and all other leather products from the USA mail to me for service, from all segment of the industries.

If you put polish on your nails, you are skillful enough to apply the Aniline-76, I use blush brushes, you think it is a special tool?

I have many novice that turns professional with the Leather Doctor system, they are happy and I am happy.

Thread Information