Thread: Chanel lambskin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Chanel lambskin

I have this softest black Chanel lambskin bag that I'm afraid I have messes up terribly.

I saw some minor scuffing and shine loss on the back pocket of the bag, so I applied a liquid shoe shine on half of the back pocket to see if that helps with the shine, but it made the leather completely matte! So I tried to clean off the shoe liquid with Meltonian leather lotion and I’m afraid I used to much of the conditioner and now half of the back pocket is a matte color (as opposed to shiny like the other half) and feels very rough (I circled it in the pictures). It also feels a little moist. It feels like I have taken off the outer layer of the leather. Is there any way you can restore the shine and the soft feel of the lambskin on that half of the back pocket? There are also scuffing and abrasions on the corners of the bag.
    I'm a complete newbie on leather care and restoration, so please bear with me.
    Attached are some pictures, I circled the the damaged side of the back pocket.

Thanks in advance!

Name:  20190721_220133.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  140.1 KBName:  20190723_000919.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  131.9 KBName:  20190723_000727.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  104.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information