Thread: Strengthen and prevent further damage to vachetta

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Strengthen and prevent further damage to vachetta

Dear Roger,

I am new to the forum and looking forward to buying some of your products. My main problem is not so much cleaning but strengthening the vachetta on my bags. I have repeatedly cleaned the leather on my bags with saddle soap and Cadillac conditioner in the past (now I have learned both are not optimal for vachetta leather). My questions to you are:

1. Should I leave the leather as it is and just protect and reinforce the vachetta or is it optimal to strip the leather of the previous products I have repeatedly applied (saddle soap + cadillac) before protecting and reinforcing?

2. Is there any product I can apply to clean the threading on the straps without causing damage to the handles?

3. What should I use to strengthen the cracked leather trim on the multicolor bag?

4. Also, notice that there is staining/yellowing of the canvas on the multicolor bag. It is from the oxidation removed from the vachetta by previous cleaning that got rubbed onto the canvas. I have tried many products to remove it but I notice the multicolor print is easily rubbed and removed. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Thread Information