Thread: Louis vuitton Azur - vachetta braided handles restore

Default Louis vuitton Azur - vachetta braided handles restore

Dear Roger,

Please van you help me, I'm completely stressed and anxious about my brand new Louis Vuitton bag,
    It has braided handles and I've only used the bag for a week. I saw that on parts the braided leather was being these small black lines on them. Right on the edges of the larger strip within the braid do I thought it was sone colour transfer. I then used a qtip and a product called Dasco Multi cleaner to try and wipe the marks off.

After it dried, it dried slightly darker, with a slight sheen more than the rest of the strap and one tiny part almost looks Grey. I'm absolutely devastated. I don't know why this happened as I tested the product first on another bag. And it did nothing. I must add when I bought the bag I slashed it with a leather protector which is completely clear (Dasco protector) this had no affect on the colour at all.

I'm Desperate to restore the strap and this little patch bothered me terribly. Please can you help with advise whether theres a product I can use and if I can get my bag back to normal.

I also tried weeping it off with water based baby Wipes twice and used an eraser but didn't help much at all.

I have already requested the PH levels from the supplier for both of these products.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

>>> After it dried, it dried slightly darker,

The darkening effect due to high pH value above 7 will need to be clean and pH-balanced with VachettaPro-1.2 and Acidifier-2.0 (note the suffix number represent the product pH value). to reduce stiffness to the leather Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system follows while the leather is still damp. Recommend that the entire process is feather out to the entire length of the braid without leaving any dry edges.

>>> I saw that on parts the braided leather was being these small black lines on them. Right on the edges of the larger strip within the braid do I thought it was sone colour transfer.

It also could be body grease and oil, if so use Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 >>> Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.
    If this is color transfer then used CleanDye-7.9 > Acidifier-2.0 >>> Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system.

>>> with a slight sheen more than the rest of the strap

This sheen could possibly be the residue of the cleaner used.

>>> I have already requested the PH levels from the supplier for both of these products.

The edges of these braids are “suede”, so any products not to be used on suede should be avoided as it will affect the integrity of the suede. Any product range higher than the pH value of water average 7 would browns these suede edges. So it is a pH value issue.

>>> I also tried weeping it off with water based baby Wipes twice and used an eraser but didn't help much at all.

Most Baby Wipes and water has a pH value above 7, that will denature the leather turning it browns and dry stiffer.
    First picture shows grain or skin abrasion - cover up with a plastic card onto the grain or surface when erasing the edges.

See products instruction . . .
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-v4-...g-removal-kit/

http://www.leatherdoctor.com/cleandye-7-9-1/

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Coach
    web: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]