Thread: Louis Vuitton dryness and split in piping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Louis Vuitton dryness and split in piping

This is the bag we discussed earlier and I took pics of the leather being dry and rough from using sand paper on it....from previous advice I had received. The sanding thinned the leather leading to a split in the piping. I would like to know which products or kits I should use to repair the split as well as getting an even texture and color to all the leather as well as moisture to the dry areas like the handles. Thank you for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

>>> the leather being dry . . . as well as moisture to the dry areas like the handles.

When we discuss leather dryness, we must note that we are talking about the original remaining fatliquor fat and oil content. And the water content that encased these molecular ionic negative (-ve) charged fat and oil has long evaporated and does not count in terms of dryness. Thus the average 15% of fat and oil continues a slow evaporation and diminishes that is the reason for leather dryness. It is replenished with Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 > Hydrator-3.3 system to rejuvenate it. Note: Test on a complete small area of color intensity satisfaction.

>>> and rough from using sand paper on it....from previous advice I had received.

1- Light roughness may be concealed lightly with Protector-D to a degree.
    2- Where fibers start to show, to smooth it may require Adhesor-73 and the downside or cons is appearance differences in color intensity.
    A test for color intensity on a piece of scrap or hidden areas is recommended for satisfaction.

>>> The sanding thinned the leather leading to a split in the piping.

Donor fibers from scrap may be required to work with Bond-3D > Bond-7A to rebuild fiber loss and repairing “split in the piping. Again a test on a piece of scrap is recommended to satisfy repair integrity and color intensity differences. Color touch-up system may be an option to explore for further discussion.

>>> as well as getting an even texture

Texture of Vachetta starts with “fine” and as it wears from friction rubs and sanding, it will never return to the original “fineness”. Protector-D is formulated to conceal wears and reduces friction rubs to a limited capabilities.

>>> and color to all the leather.

Soiling, pH- value and UV exposure affects this naked, unfinished leather.

A- Soiling:
    General soiling is removed with VachettaPro-1.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system
    Body oil, grease and sweat issue is degreased with Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 system
    All other known soiling is removed according, example blue jeans dyes stains is removed with CleanDye-7.9 > Acidifier-2.0.

B- pH-value related stains:
    Vachetta is pH sensitive, thus any liquid pH value higher then 7 like water, tears and saliva will show as rings or marks. A low pH value cleaning and pH-balancing system will even out most pH value related color differences.

C- UV Exposure:
    Light our light colored skin, it gets tan when exposed to UV lights. A chemical redox (reduction-oxidation) reaction is necessary to lighten or reverse the tanning appearances with Vachetta-2.8

>>> I would like to know which products or kits I should use to repair the split

A starter Kit-V3
    http://www.leatherdoctor.com/kit-v3-...g-removal-kit/
    is recommend, and all mentioned products is added accordingly to achieve the desired result.

Name:  RogerKoh-email.jpg
Views: 1396
Size:  22.7 KB
    Roger Koh
    Leather, Skin & Hair Care System Formulator
    Consultant / Practitioner / Instructor / Online-Life-Coaching
    online store: www.leatherdoctor.com
    forum: www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com
    email: [email protected]

Hi Rodger,
    So you would suggest I start with the Kit-V-3 and do you think I should also purchase the Adhesor-73 as well? I'm not sure that I have grease or body oil build up for the need to add the degreaser-2.2, but I'll add that if you think I need it. Also, I was looking at your VachettaTop-84S (satin) wondering if that would be a good thing to purchase as well for protection? Thanks again for your time.
    Courtney

>>> do you think I should also purchase the Adhesor-73 as well?

Let me know exactly what you want to achieve with this product and I will advise accordingly. This product will produce a darkening effect, so be careful what and why you want to use it.

>>> I'm not sure that I have grease or body oil build up for the need to add the degreaser-2.2, but I'll add that if you think I need it.

Picture #1, the handle may be where you need it to remove penetrating body oil, grease and sweat contamination. Always rinse with Acidifier-2.0 and continue with Hydrator-3.3 to bring up suspended soiling to the surface to be towel extracted. Before letting it dry Fatliquor-5.0 is applied to ensure existing cracks are not exaggerated or magnified. Always used as a system Degreaser-2.2 > Acidifier-2.0 > Hydrator-3.3 > Fatliquor-5.0 before the leather is allow to dry naturally.

>>> Also, I was looking at your VachettaTop-84S (satin) wondering if that would be a good thing to purchase as well for protection?

Yes! VachettaTop-84S may also be used in place of Adhesor-73 with less color saturation effect.

It doesn't look like my last reply posted. If for some reason it has, I'm sorry for repeating myself. I was asking about the Adhesor-73 because you originally mention that it might be needed for repairing damage due to the sandpaper use, but you said I could use the VachettaTop-84S in place of it without having the darkening effects, correct?

Looking at another forums in regards to fixing the split on the piping one of them said to repair splits you advised using the Impregnator-D3, Stucco-90 and Protector-B/B+ as well as the Bond-D3 and Bond-7A that you recommended for me. Do I also need those three additional other products? Is protector-B different from Protector-D that I would need both?

Will the bonding/repairs need to be disguised with something like Vachetta-84 or will the VachettaTop-84S be enough?

Where do I get a scrape piece of Vachetta from and how do you get fibers from it to fill in the split...do you just try to shave some off with a knife?

Do you have any videos showing any of these procedures discussed above for proper technique and to see how much product should be used to know if your using too much or not enough?

I'm sorry for all the questions and I appreciate your patience with me. I just want to feel confident that I won't make any mistakes and won't make my bag worse. I would rather have you repair the bag, but it sounded like you'd prefer not to and I understand. Thanks again!

>>> It doesn't look like my last reply posted. If for some reason it has, I'm sorry for repeating myself. I was asking about the Adhesor-73 because you originally mention that it might be needed for repairing damage due to the sandpaper use, but you said I could use the VachettaTop-84S in place of it without having the darkening effects, correct?

Yes! Correct, Adhesor-73 is for a better repair, it may darken the appearance a bit, and may need some color touch-up to camouflage the repair for appearance aesthetic reason. VachettaTop-84S you ask could also be used to smooth out the surface roughness but not as strong as Adhesor-73, the advantage is appearance will blend well with the surrounding areas.

Recommend that you proceed cautiously and using just Vachettatop-84S first will be my recommended approach. If you do not like the result than proceed to the full repair system with color refinishing.

>>> Looking at another forums in regards to fixing the split on the piping one of them said to repair splits you advised using the Impregnator-D3, Stucco-90 and Protector-B/B+ as well as the Bond-D3 and Bond-7A that you recommended for me. Do I also need those three additional other products?

These are the heavy repair system that color refinishing will be required to camouflage the entire panel or the entire bag to look even in appearance.

>>> Is protector-B different from Protector-D that I would need both?

Protector-B is recommended when the leather is colored with pigments Vachetta-84.

Protector-D is recommended for naked original vachetta

>>> Will the bonding/repairs need to be disguised with something like Vachetta-84 or will the VachettaTop-84S be enough?

Bonding repairs will definite need Vachetta-84 > Vachetta-84S > Protector-B system as refinishing.

>>> Where do I get a scrape piece of Vachetta from and how do you get fibers from it to fill in the split...do you just try to shave some off with a knife?

I may have some scrap pieces for you to test it out - remember to remind me by email.
    Just using a curve or circular blade like Razor-60 (http://www.leatherdoctor.com/razor-60/) that I used.

>>> Do you have any videos showing any of these procedures discussed above for proper technique and to see how much product should be used to know if your using too much or not enough?

I do not have videos to show. I do provide online training/coaching/consultation by Skype @ US$99 an hour to make sure you do it right the first time.

>>> I'm sorry for all the questions and I appreciate your patience with me. I just want to feel confident that I won't make any mistakes and won't make my bag worse. I would rather have you repair the bag, but it sounded like you'd prefer not to and I understand.

I am the approved service provider for “Chanel” here in Vancouver, Canada and my rate and my rate is also US$99 an hour excluding the cost of products used.

Thread Information