Thread: Louis Vuitton dryness and split in piping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

>>> It lightened it a little, but mostly made it look dry.

A little gentle stretching and massaging will generally lighten up the appearance.

>>> but mostly made it look dry.

The Kit-V3 system does not solve your original “rough from using sandpaper”. This roughness texture is already being suede and Kit-V3 is not formulated to solve the roughness problems that also appear dry.

To further improve the appearance there are options to repair it, and we have already discussed the pros and cons earlier.

Note: It is alright to repeat what you have done to your utmost satisfaction to reach the present stage of “It lightened it a little, but mostly made it look dry.” This dryness is texture damage that requires options for repairs. And any repairs have the risk of over-darkening it. Testing on a piece of scrap is very highly recommended prior to the actual application.

Note: Video conferencing is also available for a hands-on application at US$99/ and hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Koh View Post
    >>> It lightened it a little, but mostly made it look dry.

A little gentle stretching and massaging will generally lighten up the appearance.

>>> but mostly made it look dry.

The Kit-V3 system does not solve your original “rough from using sandpaper”. This roughness texture is already being suede and Kit-V3 is not formulated to solve the roughness problems that also appear dry.

To further improve the appearance there are options to repair it, and we have already discussed the pros and cons earlier.

Note: It is alright to repeat what you have done to your utmost satisfaction to reach the present stage of “It lightened it a little, but mostly made it look dry.” This dryness is texture damage that requires options for repairs. And any repairs have the risk of over-darkening it. Testing on a piece of scrap is very highly recommended prior to the actual application.

Note: Video conferencing is also available for a hands-on application at US$99/ and hour.
    So I hadn't had a chance to work on the bag again until now. I redid the all the steps again(minus the degreasing step)...cleaning with VachettaPro-1.2, Rinsing with Acidifier-2.0 and Hydrating with Hydrator-3.3. When the last step was almost dry I did the recommended flexing and massaging. I took a pic after flexing when still a touch damp. Do you think I should repeat any of the steps before moving on to the next steps of Redox and Protecto-D?
    Name:  IMG_3266.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  96.2 KB

HELP! So I just relized that I accidently put on Protector-D before Redox with Vachetta2.8. Can I go back and do the Redox or do I have to start over from the start with cleaning and Hydrating again?

>>> HELP! So I just relized that I accidently put on Protector-D before Redox with Vachetta2.8. Can I go back and do the Redox or do I have to start over from the start with cleaning and Hydrating again?

The Protector-D will need to be removed so that Vachetta-2.8 has an even appearance, otherwise result in uneven lightening. Both options are workable to remove the Protector-D. Just need to observe that when wet darkening it has an even appearance. When you decide to proceed using Vachetta-2.8, you will need to wet it and brush it combination cleaning with LeatherEraser-4 and used a white terry cotton towel to extract the residue of Protector-D. Work until it has an even absorption and appearance will produce the best result.

Please show pictures of all your cleaning steps to troubleshoot if result is not as satisfactorily.

>>> HELP! So I just relized that I accidently put on Protector-D before Redox with Vachetta2.8. Can I go back and do the Redox or do I have to start over from the start with cleaning and Hydrating again?

The Protector-D will need to be removed so that Vachetta-2.8 has an even appearance, otherwise result in uneven lightening. Both options are workable to remove the Protector-D. Just need to observe that when wet darkening it has an even appearance. When you decide to proceed using Vachetta-2.8, you will need to wet it and brush it combination cleaning with LeatherEraser-4 and used a white terry cotton towel to extract the residue of Protector-D. Work until it has an even absorption and appearance will produce the best result.

Please show pictures of all your cleaning steps to troubleshoot if result is not as satisfactorily.
    Thank you for getting back to me. Ok, so when you say both options are workable to remove Protector-D...what are the options besided starting over?

>>> what are the options besided starting over?

"When you decide to proceed using Vachetta-2.8, you will need to wet it and brush it combination cleaning with LeatherEraser-4 and used a white terry cotton towel to extract the residue of Protector-D. Work until it has an even absorption and appearance will produce the best result."

Well, do you want me to explain one more time?

>>> what are the options besided starting over?

"When you decide to proceed using Vachetta-2.8, you will need to wet it and brush it combination cleaning with LeatherEraser-4 and used a white terry cotton towel to extract the residue of Protector-D. Work until it has an even absorption and appearance will produce the best result."

Well, do you want me to explain one more time?
    The wetting prep before Vachetta-2.8, is that with the Hydrator or something else?

Thread Information