Thread: Sanded Vachetta? bad decisions:((((

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Sanded Vachetta? bad decisions:((((

Hi Roger,

I am not sure if my post went thought so here I am. I really wish I found this forum earlier .

I bought a 96 Noe and it was in pretty good condition with honey patina.
    I went to a local leather shop and was recommend Mink oil paste for conditioning and it won't darken the leather much, boy was I wrong. (I lightly applied it hoping it won't darken it at all, because it was a lovely honey colour)

I was so wrong. The bag for a bit darker. and especially on of the side strap which was slightly dry to begin with. Than I search online hoping find a way to lighten it back and I made it worse....

1)I followed some DIY online and "sand" the top later of Vechatta with "regular scotch tape". I got lighter but lost its sheen. It almost felt like suede.
    2) Than I was suppose to condition and buff it with a regular microfibre cloth to add the sheen back.

However it got a bit better darker again. It also lost it's shine (Gloss? super smooth to touch) like the rest of the bag and felt a little bit suede / tiny bit sticky to touch.

( I had an older SLG and it had a nice shine to it because of use)

WHAT CAN I DO AT THIS POINT. is there anything I can do to lighten the bag again at this point. If not, can I at least add the sheen back?

MANY THANKS.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thread Information